Taylor Hawkins may be the best

boxofrocks

• Members

I've played everlong more than a few times in a band I was in several years ago, and that song is a major pain in the ass, but super fun to play, hawkins and grohl both have great intensity and feel, even though they're two very different drummers, and yes, dave wrote and recorded the drum parts on i believe all of the songs on the first two or three records (taylor actually tracked some of the drums on the color and the shape i believe, even though he was just dave wrote the parts), and then helped taylor kick his drug habit and get it together for the albums after that, which i believe is one of the many reasons that they became such close friends.

• Members

Grohl was the drummer for the first two albums, although Will Goldsmith played a couple songs on Colour and the Shape (the two slow parts). Hawkins came on board for that album tour and didn't really do much drumming on tape until Grohl finally relinquished control a couple albums ago.

The YYZ thing was actually pretty cool...I just can't stand Hawkins' drum sound. Really unimaginative. Something just rubs me the wrong way about him.

Archived