NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION THREAD!

marko46

• Members

Hey!

As my username suggests, my name is Jamie, I'm 19 smile.gif I'm just coming to the end of my degree at The Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford, Surrey. Been playing drums for about 8 years now and still loving it! Hopefully planning to be on a cruise ship within the next few months (which by the way im looking for people who have worked on a cruise ship before to fill in a questionnaire for my dissertation so if that counts for you then please let me know and I'll send one on to you!).

Currently playing the Tama/Zildjian combination so you can probably guess that I like my heavy music but I keep an open mind about anything literally.

That's about it for me smile.gif

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey everyone, I'm Jeff a.k.a. shnoodle. I've been playing for a little bit more than a year now, and I absolutely love it. My only regret is that I didn't pick up a drum kit sooner. I'm looking to start a band pretty soon with some friends. Gonna meet up this week for out first jam session and see how everything works out. As for influences, as my skills have progressed, I have listened to all sorts of music. I love all genres and drumming, whether it be jazz, rock, metal, latin american, etc. I'm obsessed with swing at the moment because I've been working on rudiments lately, and I just love finding ways to apply them in fills on the snare drums. It's a really fun way to practice rudiments and your stick control.

• Members

Hey everyone. I have been looking through the site and posting occasionally for the last 6 months to a year I guess. My name is Adam, and I am in South Florida. I play as a hobby now for recreation. Did a lot of jazz playing in college at UF, but since college my real job has got me tied down.

I also play piano and am working on learning guitar. Current set-up is a Roland TD-12 and a vintage slingerland 4 piece.

• Members

Hello everyone. I signed up months ago then went on a little hiatus. My name is Alex, I have been playing drums about a year and a half and I've dabbled with guitar and keyboard for years. I live in Chattanooga, TN and my musical interests are in jazz, rock, and prog mainly. Glad to back on these forums because its a great place to learn and have fun

• Members

OK, Drums were my natural & 1st instrument (garage trained) and I played them in bands from age 15 to 22. Ended up playing Guitar & singing in an original band all thru the 90's (Baltimore's Mother Jefferson) and only jumped on my drummers kits messing around occasionally for 20 plus years.

I quit playing music except for a little living room jamming for about 8 or 9 years and just in the last year got back on the kit full time. I just turned 40 and am playing in 2 bands (Alt/Indie Rock cover band & a 60's garage rock band - both startups, but getting close to gigging with the alt guys).

I joined the forum when I was getting serious and was shopping for a real kit to replace the cb700 my mom bought me in 1985 facepalm.gif

Bought a 1966 Ludwig from lossforgain and have put a lot of work & $ into it since. HERE IT IS (notice my '76 Gibson es 335 and my Les Paul Jr. in the background -vintage makes sense for me.)

I smoke a lot of cigarettes and I am not as good as I remember me being.

• Members

Colby Earleywine

Almost 26, started playing snare in middle school. Got my first drumset my freshman year of highschool

Played in a punk band all through highschool, and on rare occassion still play with the group. We've gone through many names, since 2004 it's been the Havok on Polaris.

Dabble in guitar, usually resort to ripping on blues scales

played bass in college jazz band, not the quickest reader on the staff although rhythm and drum charts usually aren't a problem.

studied 2 dimensional art,fine art photography, and many Sociology courses

Quit school not having a specific direction or wanting debt, I may go back for a performance degree and I miss playing in classical ensembles.

Currently studying/playing jazz with an amazing guitarist that likes to run bass lines as he chords, recently been adding different horn players to the mix and also going to jams.

Also play with Big Stack Daddy (a folk/classic rock/ blues type band) since last november.

My goal is to play with a variety to help me progress at a faster rate for all around drumming. Although I primarily listen to jazz, I'm influenced by all types. I'm working on some electronic solo stuff incorporating funk and latin rhythms.

Other than music I'm into most forms of art, microbrew, skateboarding, comics, camping, thrill seeking, etc.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian

View Post

Hello everyone. I signed up months ago then went on a little hiatus. My name is Alex, I have been playing drums about a year and a half and I've dabbled with guitar and keyboard for years. I live in Chattanooga, TN and my musical interests are in jazz, rock, and prog mainly. Glad to back on these forums because its a great place to learn and have fun

Bout time you popped in..

How the hell ya been? wave.gif

• Members

hi...phillip here from minneapolis,mn. just curious how to you go from a junior member to a senior member???

Hey man, welcome!

1000 posts gets you to senior

And

5000 posts get you to Hall of Fame member

Get busy!

• Members

My name is Roderick I have been playing drums & other percussion since 2003.
I joined my high school concert band in 2003 and in 04 joined the marching band as well. Since then I have always had a love for drums. I really enjoy DCI shows and other marching band stuff.

I have been in a band for about 3 or 4 years now. Members have changed, but now we have a really great line up. Band name is Diesel and Dust. For any Hot Water Music fans out there we got it from their song 'Remedy.' Shameless self promotion www.myspace.com/dieselanddustrock

I work for a local human resource agency. I am really big into computers, video games, comics, the first 3 Star Wars, and other nerd stuff.

I play Mapex drums with evans heads and right now I am rocking zildjian cymbals with vic firth 5b nylon sticks.

baba booey baba booey

• Members
My name is Roderick I have been playing drums & other percussion since 2003.

I joined my high school concert band in 2003 and in 04 joined the marching band as well. Since then I have always had a love for drums. I really enjoy DCI shows and other marching band stuff.

I have been in a band for about 3 or 4 years now. Members have changed, but now we have a really great line up. Band name is Diesel and Dust. For any Hot Water Music fans out there we got it from their song 'Remedy.' Shameless self promotion
www.myspace.com/dieselanddustrock

I work for a local human resource agency. I am really big into computers, video games, comics, the first 3 Star Wars, and other nerd stuff.

I play Mapex drums with evans heads and right now I am rocking zildjian cymbals with vic firth 5b nylon sticks.

baba booey baba booey

What line of Mapex! How long have you had em and what config?

• Members

Hey guys, I'm Chanelle. I've only been playing 8 months, but everyday I feel like I am picking something else up, or unravelling another secret to my technique. It's wonderful. I'm a student in university now... and I'd have to say my two favorite artists are Trent Reznor, and Tool. Danny Carey rocks the drumming world

• Members

Hi, im Winny (real name Nathan) i'm nineteen and been playing drums for 12 years, i play mostly prog and hard rock stuff.

I play a mid 70's Yammieeehaa 9000, that i've pimped. My day job is a sound engineer and i dabble in some lighting. I can barely play guitar and bass and sing kinda okishly. I do some session stuff as well as pit work for musicals in my area... Im the only drum teacher in my region who teaches to read sheet... i would love to make a career out of drumming one day :cool:

and thats my story

• Members

Hi there. I'm Will.

24 years old and been playing since I was 13. Started off with guitar actually and I still play it, but I always thought drums were cool so I started doing percussion in middle school band and worked my way into the set. Didn't take lessons for a long time but then finally caved. Played all sorts of orchestra, band, jazz band, etc. stuff in high school and then a few other bands throughout college. Love playing funk stuff but I play rock and jazz too. Influences include Zigaboo Modeliste, Clyde Stubblefield, Harvey Mason, Adam Deitch, Stanton Moore, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Billy Martin, and many others.

I play on a Emerald green Premier kit with 10, 12, and 14 inch toms and 14 inch snare. Coated emperor heads on the toms, coated ambassador on the snare. 20 inch kick with powerstroke 3 batter and eq3 resonant head. Premier kick pedal. 14 inch zildjian new beat hi hats, 17 inch medium thin K dark crash, 10 inch HH Sabian splash, 18.5 inch Sabian Chad Smith Signature Explosion Crash, 20 inch Zildjian A medium ride, 18 inch b8 pro sabian china. 9 inch piccolo premier snare. two cowbells, temple block.

• Members

Hi People,

My name is Barry and I'm new on the site and have been playing drums for 42 years (started at 15), OK stop doing the math now! Anyway, love playing, but quit gigging in 1980 to get married and start a family. In 1979 I bought my third drum kit, which was my first brand new kit. I factory ordered a new Gretsch Natural Walnut kit with a Ludwig Black Beauty snare, Avedias Zildian Cymbals with Ludwig Hercules hardware.

Recently I started collecting more drums and have bought an 1990's Premier kit with the speedboat lugs. These are a birch kit and with all new heads sound great. I also bought a 2009 Gretsch Catalina Maple Fusion kit in Cherry Red, which has potential to sound great with better quality heads. I have also purchased a Drum Dial and started tuning with it.

I have started to buy some used snare drums to try out and have an older Tama Imperialstar 6.5 x 14 that I need some parts for. It's a tank, and when I get the parts that I need, it should be a great snare! It needs a roller bracket (mines all bent out of shape) and the inside muffler tension chrome knob. If anyone has these parts please contact me at barryl80@mts.net.

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning more about drums and drumming!

• Members

WELCOME Mono-Plane (Barry)!

So you're 27 huh? Still just a pup my friend. Your story sounds very familiar to me.
You've listed some killer gear man. One of our members, lossforgain, may be able to help you out on the snare parts, or steer you in the right direction.

It's great to see there is another seasoned player on here that has the same GAS disorder that many of us have.

Good to have ya on board.
Years of experience to mix with this stew.

Later,

Marko46

• Members

Hey all.. I'm not a new member to the site, but I've only posted a couple times in this forum. A couple years ago I was lookin to piece together an accoustic kit, but that was a little unrealistic considering where I live and the space I have available.

So anyway I bought a Roland TD-4k yesterday and a Pearl double bass pedal. It's so much fun :D I just have to figure out how to move the kick.. thingies.. closer together so they can actuate the centre of the trigger pad. I think it's a simple allen key screw but of course I don't have the right size.

I've been wanting to play drums for years, but I've been mostly playing guitar and some bass. I've been pretty stagnant in regards to my playing for a while.. so this is something fresh to play with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Seth Davis here.

I posted clips in the video section and

am saying hello to the Harmony Central Forum Members.

I have a very hectic schedule but will try to drop in as much as possible to answer questions and contribute to the forum.

www.youtube.com/themoellerkiller

Cheers

Seth Davis

Pardon if I sound rude, as I'm really not trying to be, but, are we supposed to know you? :facepalm:

Archived