Vintage Yammies?

cdawg

• Members

anybody know anything about vintage yamahas? i have an old power v kit (not the special,) that i want to recover to look like an old vintage. but i'm having a world of trouble even locating old catalogs referencing colors and such.

any suggestions?

• Members

they had some wraps like silky blue and silky red backinna 70s/ early 80s. The catalogs I have from that time don't show any particularly zowie wraps-- some of the silky stuff and solid colors.

the classic vintage yammy finish IMO is piano black lacquer.

show us pics of your power Vs.

• Members

k, when i get home. yeah, the few i've seen have been sort of blue strata, and some crazy orange swirly. not real hot on those. my power v's are black, i remember seeing black, red and white when i bought mine, but again, i was thinking some cool vintage color. sadly, not much vintage yama laying around. i thought i'd paint the insides silver, like i've read the older ones were, and make them all perty.

• Members

that's what i'm sayin', man! cool way to pay tribute to old school kits and have a cool keeper, to boot! plus, add the custom factor, and you have a kit built to your specs that is vintage-looking and truly unique. sounds good to me.

Archived