might be upgrading cymbals in year or two, need to know what to get

JMR

• Members

I know you're not totally stupid about this stuff, so it seemed to me that you were trying to make Paiste look ridiculously expensive compared to others like a lot of Zild and Sabe lovers do.

Not my M.O. -- just comparing each brand's most expensive models across the board. Although I don't play Paiste I don't have anything against them. It does seem like many players I know who have switched to Paiste or want to switch are aiming for the Dark Energies. Those are certainly my favorite sounding Paistes.

• Members

I thought they had some Zildjian qualities when I played them at Sam Ash. I was comparing a lot of different cymbals that day with another drummer, and we both heard it. The GB's I played weren't dark at all in my opinion, about as dark as a thin Zild.

As far as used, as long as it aint broke, why the hell not buy used, buying new is wasting money, let someone else take the loss.

I suppose some might hear some Zild qualities in them, but IMO they're not much like most B20 Zild I've played. What I said was they're like a darker 2oo2, but that doesn't mean they would sound dark to you - depends on your definition of "dark".

I also said used is fine if you know what you're getting. I've bought plenty of used pies. I was under the impression the OP wanted new and had time to save up for them.

• Members

Not my M.O. -- just comparing each brand's most expensive models across the board. .

OK, I see what you're saying. But remember the 1/2 pricing. TBH, I don't know how far some of these dealers can go on other brands pricing coz I don't buy many of those.

Archived