ot- hockey

cdawg

• Members

alright, punks. you had your damn football fun. now for the real sport.

pittsburgh's home opener is friday eve, against the rangers. should be a pretty bad game, seeing that nobody can touch the pens. i don't think the pens even play a goalie, just to make things a little more even. fleury isn't going to join the team for a few games, to make the rest of the league feel good for a bit. i think crosby/malkin will play defense to let the rest of the team get some, for a change.

kidding aside, it was nice to see some pre-season ice, but now that everyone's ready to skate,

DROP THE PUCK!!!

• Members

I can't wait to see Cindy and the rest of the Penguins suck it up during their post-Cup hangover. That dude's such a chick. It's too bad for Geno that he has to be associated with that wuss.

Pronger + Cindy + boards = BIG BOOM!!!

Let's Go Flyers!!!

So glad it's opening night.

• Members

right, right. i seem to remember "cindy" and the boys putting you guys to rest the last, um two seasons?? that must mean they're really bad, huh? oh yeah, and two trips to the finals, back to back? hmmmm. i see a prob in your logic!

hey, man, you're talkin' to a pittsburgh fan that has a philly jersey and a detroit hat. you think i wear those in public around here much?? not really! i just love hockey, bro. but i'll always be a die-hard pens fan, crosby cracks, or not!! (for the record, that kid hasn't whined once since the 1st season. in fact, no one has brought up the fact that he played through the losing cup bout with a broken foot. that's pretty ok, in my book.)

• Members

Idk, about the Flyers, but I think my Hawks might offer some good competition to your Penguins.

The Hawks are looking really good this year. I really think that unless San Jose can get over the curse of Joe Thornton (perennial post season underachiever) it's going to be the Flyers from the east against either the Hawks or the Canucks from the west.

• Members

Cdawg from the football thread: "ok, so can october get here so the REAL sport can start?

f'n HOCKEY!!!"

lol

Ya know, I bet if I ever had the chance to see a game live I'd be hooked. Fast, violent, what's not to love? As it stands I watch the Cup games and that's about it.

• Members

mog, i've always loved the leafs. don't fret. some rich history there.

eye, the first hockey game i went to, i smiled so hard the whole time, my face hurt for the whole next day! unreal how hard the game is!

as for the comment about thorton, he's too old.

• Members

Crosby might not have whined, but he definitely sucked Bettman's cock :lol:.

All fun aside, I cannot wait to see the Red Wings play St. Louis this weekend. Should be the start of a great season ending with a rematch against Pittsburgh again. (hopefully)

• Members

I was pretty sad to hear Fleury wouldn't be playing another season, dude is one of my all-time favourites.

I've been watching more hockey the past few seasons and plan on actually catching a few leafs games this year. We'll see.

• Members

I was pretty sad to hear Fleury wouldn't be playing another season, dude is one of my all-time favourites.

I've been watching more hockey the past few seasons and plan on actually catching a few leafs games this year. We'll see.

where'd you hear that??!! that's b.s. still on the roster, dude.

check this:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=500395&navid=DL|PIT|home

the pens losing fleury??!! bwaahaahaa!!!

• Members

i'm not gonna talk trash on this, just gonna support the pens. that game said a lot to their maturity, i think. lundquist is no joke, and when we got into trouble in our own zone, we didn't make panic swats at the puck. well controlled passes up the ice into the neutral zone, so plays could be put together, or at least the right combos could get onto the ice. any good d is gonna meet their match with that.

always like playing the rangers.

• Members

Ya know, I bet if I ever had the chance to see a game live I'd be hooked. Fast, violent, what's not to love? As it stands I watch the Cup games and that's about it.

Playoff hockey is one of the greatest things on Earth

Archived