Sabian Vault Tour

xtranoise

• Members

I made the three hour drive up to Memphis today to attend the Sabian Vault Tour at Memphis Drum Shop. Wow! I was like a kid in a candy store. The guys from Sabian were very nice. They had probably 50+ prototype cymbals there for trying and buying. There were some very sweet sounds. They also were demonstrating some hand hammering and lathing. I believe the tour stops in Nashville tomorrow at Fork's. If you live near there I suggest going. I didn't buy anything but I could have spent hundreds of dollars. I felt like some big name artist on a trip to the factory to pick whatever I wanted.

• Members

I made the three hour drive up to Memphis today to attend the Sabian Vault Tour at Memphis Drum Shop. Wow! I was like a kid in a candy store. The guys from Sabian were very nice. They had probably 50+ prototype cymbals there for trying and buying. There were some very sweet sounds. They also were demonstrating some hand hammering and lathing. I believe the tour stops in Nashville tomorrow at Fork's. If you live near there I suggest going. I didn't buy anything but I could have spent hundreds of dollars. I felt like some big name artist on a trip to the factory to pick whatever I wanted.

Damn, I'm jealous. I would have loved to be there.

• Members

Yes, you DO need to go!!! I know you just went to the Zildjian event; I did not make that one which also came to Memphis, so I can't compare the two. But oh my, it was just :love: It was difficult to not buy anything. There were two pies there I fell in love with. If you can work out the trip, go. You will not be disappointed.

Archived