MuteMath Concert

shnoodle

• Members

I finally got to see MuteMath live last night, and let me just say, they seriously were awesome. Probably the best concert I've ever been to and ever will go to. They played at a smaller venue in Los Angeles, and it was fantastic. Darren King was top-notch as always, and the musical creativity during their instrumentals left me speechless. If you ever have a chance to see them live, do it. For $25, I don't think you'll regret it. Anyone else catch them on their Armistice tour yet?

• Members

As Tall As Lions opened. I had never heard of them before, but they put on one hell of a show for about 45 minutes. Almost no one had heard of them, but everyone thought they were fantastic afterwards. You can tell they're influenced by MuteMath in their new stuff.

The drummer also rocked a vintage kit like Darren King, but it looked to me like his was a mixture of Ludwig kick and Slingerland toms. He also used a Blackrolite which had a nice vibe to it.

• Members

Yeah, ATAL's going to open in Houston. I'm a big fan too; they can really play live. Their new album is indeed great, and one can definitely hear some MuteMath influence here and there.

And that's weird about ATAL's drummer Cliff using a vintage kit like that. Last time I checked, he had some kind of deal with Shine drums. Oh well, bet it sounded quite nice.

• Members

Yeah they sure can. If MuteMath hadn't played 15 minutes afterwards, ATAL were as good if not better than any other band I had seen previously. Their bassist can seriously groove.

Hmm, that's interesting about the drums. The only thing I can think is that maybe that was a kit supplied to him for some reason or another. It did sound great though. Although, not as great as Darren's:thu:

• Members

Yeah i saw them ago a week ago. I saw them before that about a year and a half ago and in comparison they sucked this time around. I do not like their new stuff it was all cheesy clap/sing-along-powerchord-every-16th-note-bass-on-1-and-3, etc.

Archived