i'm having a... GAS ATTACK!!!!!!

JMR

• Members

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/1520018240.html

I want these bad!

I don't have the money, so I'm going to try to see if I can at least get the kick, cause it's the size i want. I've been wanting to find some beat up '70s or '60s drums to do a rewrap project on and to add on to my kit.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/1492091703.html

I seriously doubt this is a 1960s kit, doesn't look it and also the badges are black and white...

• Members

The first kit is a mid 70s kit, 3ply shells with the granitone interior, good drums for sure. The cool thing about black panther wrap is that they were sometimes factory overwrapped shells -- underneath them is sometimes found psychedelic red or mod orange...

The second kit is an 80s Rocker series kit. Could be junk, could be okay. Not vintage.

• Members

yeah, I was already sure about the second one.

I was certain the first was atleast decent. I had no idea they were overwrapped though!! I was going to buy the kick and use it as a rewrap project, but if there's a perfect, unexposed wrap underneath...

I'm going to call this guy tomorrow.

My mom might help me buy just the kick, but not 625 for the whole thing!!!

I'm considering wrapping my acrolite, cause the brushed aluminum is a tad beat up and I've never wrapped before, so I'd like to wrap a drum that didn't cost me a lot. The acro cost me $17

• Members

Wrapping an acro is a bad idea. The center bead will give you a problem, and the aluminum won't take the same glue as a wood shell. The scratches don't make it sound bad! I'd just play it -- or sell it for a profit (it's at least worth 6 or 7 times what you paid) and put the money toward another drum.

As for the CL kit, I can't guarantee you that they are overwrapped, but if they are, their value is MUCH more than $625. If they aren't, they are still worth $625.

Archived