Got Yamaha's DFP9415 (Direct Drive) Double Bass Pedals

AllanGuy

• Members

I have 2 9410 singles. Flattening the footboards helped me learn heel-toe & I like them flat. Set up my hihat pedal the same way.

Anyone else?

What do you mean by flattening the footboards?

Also, I am having a problem with the bass clamp thing. My hoops must be too thin for it to clamp right, because it isn't a tight clamp, but that's not really a big deal. I have a bigger problem with the part of the clamp that goes under the bass, because it causes the back of the pedal to lift up, and my bass drum and toms mounted on top to rock back and forth when I play. Any help?

• Members

What do you mean by flattening the footboards?

Also, I am having a problem with the bass clamp thing. My hoops must be too thin for it to clamp right, because it isn't a tight clamp, but that's not really a big deal. I have a bigger problem with the part of the clamp that goes under the bass, because it causes the back of the pedal to lift up, and my bass drum and toms mounted on top to rock back and forth when I play. Any help?

Take the pedal and put the plate against the edge of a sturdy table and bend the plate just enough to tweak it so it sits flat on clamped to your bass drum. It shou;d only take a slight teak to fix this. The bite of the toe clamp is adjustable by turining the allen screw on the to of the toe clamp.

• Members

Take the pedal and put the plate against the edge of a sturdy table and bend the plate just enough to tweak it so it sits flat on clamped to your bass drum. It shou;d only take a slight teak to fix this. The bite of the toe clamp is adjustable by turining the allen screw on the to of the toe clamp.

Thanks for the tip, and I assume when you say plate, that's the bottom of the footboard right?

I tightened the screw all the way, still not enough for a tight clamp, but it's no big deal.

• Members

Get a roll of that woven foam rubber mat material that you put under throw rugs to keep them from creeping. Cut a small piece , fold it up & put it between the hoop & clamp. Perhaps with a good fit the pedal won't rock anymore.

And by flattening the pedal, I mean lowering the footboard height until the board is nearly flat when the beater hits the head. You can loosen the allen screw at the base of the beater holder (actually on the piece that the upper portion of the direct drive link attaches to) & rotate that assembly - rotating raises & lowers the footboard .

• Members

Get a roll of that woven foam rubber mat material that you put under throw rugs to keep them from creeping. Cut a small piece , fold it up & put it between the hoop & clamp. Perhaps with a good fit the pedal won't rock anymore.

And by flattening the pedal, I mean lowering the footboard height until the board is nearly flat when the beater hits the head. You can loosen the allen screw at the base of the beater holder (actually on the piece that the upper portion of the direct drive link attaches to) & rotate that assembly - rotating raises & lowers the footboard .

Thanks for the info,I play an older single with single chain.It's a very good pedal.Alan nice score,Yamaha makes rock solid pedals.

Archived