Got to play at church last Sunday.

twosticks

• Members

Well, me and the wife have been to a church that's kinda out of the way but fairly close for about the past few months. My wife and step-son have become members. Everybody is way friendly and I have been going with my wife as she goes. We have been going to other closer churches since last fall. About a week ago, we had church and then a little fellowship afterwards. As I'm leaving, I tell the pastor "if you ever need a drummer, I can bring my snare and hats with brushes and play along" He says "Yeah, bring them if you can, use the gift God gave you, we'd enjoy having them"

So last Sunday, I bring my Acrolite snare, 14" AA reg. hats, and Sabian HH 18" crash/ride. I played with Pro Mark Nylon brushes and then with Regaltip nylon Blaststicks. (think Hotrods with Nylon ends) They have a piano and two acoustic guitarist playing. It went over really well! I was kinda nervous at first as I have not played with others or in front of people (other than playing along with CD) in years! The pastor was out since he was badly sick with the flu bug that day. But all and all went well. Is a country church that encourages singing and people to get up and sing along with piano, guitars and choir, or singing to prerecorded taped or CD songs, but by NO means has an instrumental means for service. I was being careful to not be overbearing or overpowering to the choir or the congregation. I just played to fit in.

Is a Babtist church in name mostly and was told by guitarist that some may frown apon that but that I was not to worry about it one bit. Later I received many compliments and guitarist said it made it all sound better. I was on the Pulpit opposite side of piano, I had a basic four piece without the bass. The church is basically in the shape of an "L" since they added the modern hall 90

• Members

Glad you're enjoying it! My church, where I lead the band, definitely does the rock thing in combination with some mellow acoustic stuff. But we don't play for ourselves, that's for sure.

I enjoy worship music a WHOLE LOT more with percussion! It's cool to use your talent for God as the guy said to you, plus you can express your own worship that way. Keep it up. :thu:

Archived