Need drums

Kramerguy

• Members

Hey guys, sorry if this post might be inappropriate but I need to ask for help-

I'm a regular of Backstage w/ the band, haven't visited the drum section before.

So our drummer quits, we had no more gigs on teh schedule. He's an older guy, been unhappy for a long time now, sick of dragging his rig to gigs, etc.. Can't really blame the guy, he was ready to move on. The band was going thru name change, etc anyways, so his timing was well thought-out and appropriate.

So, anyways..

I need a drummer (sub) local to Montgomery/Berks counties in PA for June 12th. Gig is covers, classic to modern rock, set-list available upon request, of course. Gig will pay $100, (this is a total $250 gig, so you would double everyone else's payout) and I would ask potential subs to at least rehearse the full set list once with the band prior to the gig.

Here's the backstory for anyone who cares :

I get a call from a regular venue that I book several bands for, asking if I can cover June 12th. I check the calendar, all my bands are playing, except the one who just lost the drummer. I check with the guys and so long as we can get a drummer in time, no problemo.

I call two drummers I know who would be able to hit the ground running, and probably aren't too busy, ask them if they want to audition, and tell them both about the gig on the 12th, asking that even if they don't join, if they would be willing to sub at the gig. Both said yes. Both wanted to audition, and both interested in the gig.

One hour before the first audition, the guy calls saying he bashed his hand at work and won't be able to play for weeks... I call bull{censored} on him and he finally admits his GF doesn't want him joining a gigging band (his current band can't get out of the garage, just like she likes it). Damn. Good thing I got a backup.

Well the backup calls me and leaves a message that his other band scheduled a gig that night and didn't tell him, so he's out. And on top of it, since he's already had a conflict trying to juggle two bands, he's no longer interested in auditioning, either. Argh.

The real kicker is that the last two times I've scheduled bands at this venue, both canceled on me/them, making me look bad. I'm pretty sure that if this falls through, I'm done there.

So, anyone local want to jam? lol.

Let me know, thanks

Direct email is: kprivigyi@gmail.com

Thanks guys, sorry for the novel.

• Members

Thanks Lossforgain-

I did find someone (I think!) from a CL ad I posted. Doing the audition Thursday night, he said he can do the gig regardless if he officially joins the band or not. I just hope he doesn't flake like the average CL respondent does....

Archived