Props to Yamaha customer service

xtranoise

• Members

I sent an email to Yamaha "support" yesterday asking a question about a squeak in my pedal and how and where they suggest to lube it. Today I received a phone call at work asking how they could help! All I expected was a terse email response if that, but an actual phone call, color me impressed.

The guy asked about the squeaks and suggested where and how to lube the pedal as I had asked. (WD-40 for those wondering) I just never expected a phone call in today's world. Nice.

• Members

how do you like that pedal?

I've been really happy with it. I like the direct drive linkage. Construction seems top notch. Still need to spend some time fine tuning it. Actually bought it based on some recommendations from others here on the forum, never even tried it out first! It feels good to me, heel down or heel up. Mostly playing it heel down right now.

• Members

I've been really happy with it. I like the direct drive linkage. Construction seems top notch. Still need to spend some time fine tuning it. Actually bought it based on some recommendations from others here on the forum, never even tried it out first! It feels good to me, heel down or heel up. Mostly playing it heel down right now.

I use the yamaha direct drive as well. I really like it, and my friend as messed with it and he says he really likes it as well. Good investment.

Now back on topic, it's great to know a company will actually bother to help you. Really makes me want to get yamaha stuff, just knowing I can talk to a person if I have problems. I have also heard on here that Pearl has good customer service.

• Members

I like mine (2 9410 singles) with the footboards nearly flat & the tension wound up - max tension isn't terribly tight.

FWIW, I used Kendall blue automotive bearing grease on the DD linkages. And if the plastic washers on either side of the top link wear out, new ones are easily fashioned from an old drum head.

Archived