Improptu jam with friend of neighbor

twosticks

• Members

Howdy, I'm off every Wed and Thurs night so most Weds nights I play with along with CDs in my spare room with blaststicks (nylon coolrods). I live on a half acre lot and my neighbors live on about a half acre too. They have said that they like listen to me play and sit on their porch and listen as I play around.

Last week the neighbor's 22 yr old son, who is friends with my 28 stepson sat in the room and listened in while I played along to songs on CDs. Last night I moved things around the room and played some. tonight I played some after dinner out and wife went over to talk with neighbors. Later wife asked if friend of neighbors could come over and jam along. Used my stepsons Yamaha elec guitar and practice amp.

Only played for a few hours and guy was more rusty at guitar than I am at drums but we had a good time just playing a few practice runs through a few songs. Guy was 28 and had been on disability from a stint in the Army. Overall was pretty cool and a good fit! We played "Runaway" by Del Shannon and the "Closer you Get" by Alabama along with parts of "Lighting crashes" by Live and "Arms Wide Open" by Creed. Wasn't really much but was cool in that it may be a guitarist to jam with in the future and may seem to get better as he gets back into playing with people. Was very much a "rough and raw edges" jam. but may turn out to be pretty cool person to jam with! His family and him used to play a lot of old country, bluegrass and blues and a good mixture of rock from the past 20 years before he went into the Army.

Anyway, was the first time I've jammed with somebody in awhile. He was more rusty than me but was different and cool than just playing along to CDs and was great having another "body" playing the song with me and other people watching made it fun. Just wanted to share. Yes, playing with others if a good way to get interested again or bring back the "Fun".

Archived