Kinda OT: My Sis-in-Law has ringing in her ears.

twosticks

• Members

Howdy,

The other night driving home from work my wife said that her sister went to the doctor and that he found she had "crystals" in her ears. Wife said it was some big long term to describe what sis had and that nothing really could be done? Said her sis complains about "constant ringing" in the ears that won't go away and drives her crazy.

My sis in law is in her 50's, doesn't listen to loud music but used to hang out at the clubs and used to Scuba dive some over ten years ago. I said it sounds a lot like Tinnitus(ms) and that maybe someone here might know what sis in law can try to ease the ringing maybe??

Any advice or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

• Members

Howdy,

The other night driving home from work my wife said that her sister went to the doctor and that he found she had "crystals" in her ears. Wife said it was some big long term to describe what sis had and that nothing really could be done? Said her sis complains about "constant ringing" in the ears that won't go away and drives her crazy.

My sis in law is in her 50's, doesn't listen to loud music but used to hang out at the clubs and used to Scuba dive some over ten years ago. I said it sounds a lot like Tinnitus(ms) and that maybe someone here might know what sis in law can try to ease the ringing maybe??

Any advice or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

In her ears or in her inner ears? I've got it in my inner ears and it causes a condition called "benign positional vertigo". I've had it for 10 years. Messes with my balance and nothing can be done about it. I also have the ringing tinnitus from inner ear hairs bent back from continuous loud sound. I always wear hearing protection now when I play, but that wasn't the case in my younger days. I'm into shooting sports too and coupled with my military background, my hearing didn't stand a chance. As far as I know, there's no effective treatment for either condition.

• Members

In her ears or in her inner ears? I've got it in my inner ears and it causes a condition called "benign positional vertigo". I've had it for 10 years. Messes with my balance and nothing can be done about it. I also have the ringing tinnitus from inner ear hairs bent back from continuous loud sound. I always wear hearing protection now when I play, but that wasn't the case in my younger days. I'm into shooting sports too and coupled with my military background, my hearing didn't stand a chance. As far as I know, there's no effective treatment for either condition.

I have this too. Nothing to do about it. The ringing never goes away, helps to keep noise like radio going to cover it up.

The vertigo really sucks some days, wear ear plugs kids!

• Members

I have this too. Nothing to do about it. The ringing never goes away, helps to keep noise like radio going to cover it up.

The vertigo really sucks some days, wear ear plugs kids!

Couldn't play my drums for about a year after getting hit with the vertigo. The percussion would make me sick. I play again now, but loud sound brings on the dizzies, so my hearing protection benefits both conditions. Drumming antagonizes the vertigo, but somehow helps to reduce the effects if I play for a while. Had to retire from my job because of it. Stairs are dangerous. Lets see, did I really put my foot on the next step? Fun stuff!

Archived