Cymbal Sounds Video

xtranoise

• Members

to me, all your cymbals are "warm" or "dryish" the hats and the ride have good stick sounds or "good stick definition". The brightest cymbal of your is the riveted one. When I think bright, I think of a trumpet or higher end of a horn section. Some of the cymbals may have a brighter crash sound but most of your cymbals have warm or dry tone. To me bright cymbals pierce your ears and is so atypical of what you hear on keyboard cymbal samples. All of your cymbals blend well together and I love the sound. I also enjoy how they don't ring long afterwards, hence the "dry" part. Nothing wrong with your cymbals at all unless you're playing a heavy metal band and trying to cut through. Otherwise your cymbals are just fine! It would help hear the drums AND the cymbals for 30seconds. At least to hear how they sound with the drums. Way to go dude!

• Members

Thanks for the kind comments. I struggle with putting names to the sounds. I think the best solution I ever read for putting it all together was here on the forum some time back ... something to the effect of "listen to enough cymbals and it will become apparent what the descriptions mean".

Twosticks I really appreciate your detailed opinion.

Archived