1972 Rogers Butcher Block Concert Drums.

MX DRUMMER

• Members

Thanks for posting this..I always wanted a butcher block back in the day..

Being the concert tom variety obviously decreases the value (even though I owned an 8 piece myself in the late 70s). The ploughman may have more to say on this, but again thanks for posting. I also noticed what looked like a decent 5 piece with what I believe was the big R keller shells on for $300, same area. That would be a steal if the snare was decent. Hard to tell from the pics..

Side note, anything after 1980 avoid like poison ivy. The 360 is crap.

• Members

Yeah no problem! I know some of you guys love Rogers so I thought I would post for you all. Is 700 askin to much for it or is the guy being reasonable? I'm not interested in getting it for myself, I already have two kits. And lastly lol, why do the concert sizes decrease value?

• Members

Even though I love Roger's drums, I'm not the expert here, Ploughman is.

My guess is that concert toms are less changeable soundwise, limiting. Double headed toms have more chrome, more options, I am b#llshi##ing because I really don't know..lol

Also, concert toms were only available for great drums like Rogers a brief time, and really marks the age of the kit. I'll stick with my older, full-rimmed set. I would love for concert toms to make a comeback though, didn't see a lot of 4 or 5 piece concert tom sets..even back in the day.

• Members

Vintage concert toms (and/or vintage 'regular' toms missing bottom hoops/heads/hardware) ALSO means:

BEWARE

Due to general age, it is HIGHLY likely that at some time in this drum's history, it was subjected to some level of abuse.

Because this drum ALSO lacks the structural support of a bottom hoop, it is entirely possible and much more likely that the aforementioned abuse caused said drum shell to now be borked/cracked/split/out of round/etc. more so than the average vintage drum what's got both its hoops/heads/hardware intact.

• Members

So is that one of the other reasons they aren't as desirable, because they aren't as structurally sound? It looks grea in the pics but that isnt saying much because pics can hide a lot.

I wouldn't say exactly that.

They are generally seen as less valuable/desireable in part because there is a larger likelihood that they may be structurally compromised...

If someone could guarantee that the drums had never been abused in any way, then there's no reason to consider them less structurally sound.

But unless one had film of them every single second they existed, there's no way to guarantee that.

• Members

What everyone has said so far.

the seller is smokin dope.

Bass drum missing front hoop, aprx. 75 bucks. Claws and Ts, another 75 bucks, Rim off the floor tom, with rods, another 75 bucks. Conversion cost, edge cutting, hardware for the two toms, another 100 bucks. Replacing the 9/72 collet tensioners that are cracked.... well...... 75 bucks

run forrest, run!

Archived