Yes Chinas

zildjian@consol

• Members

My favorite in my collection is Sabian 20" B8 Pro thin china or 1987 Paiste 2000 18" china

Yeah, those 2000 series China's were great.... they had a much trashier sound than the 2002's. The Signature series China's suck. they are just too... "musical" for my ears. I want the China to be trashy and explosive... with the epitome of what they should sound like being the 18" Zildjian that Phil Collins used on "Abacab".

I actually have two 2002's (an 18" and a 20") that i use for live, but for recording I've got a pair of Wuhans. I hit fairly hard, and prefer to save those for recording. The 2002's sound almost exactly like the ones I have, but the Wuhans just have a bit more trash to them.

• Members

Yeah, those 2000 series China's were great.... they had a much trashier sound than the 2002's. The Signature series China's suck. they are just too... "musical" for my ears. I want the China to be trashy and explosive... with the epitome of what they should sound like being the 18" Zildjian that Phil Collins used on "Abacab".

I actually have two 2002's (an 18" and a 20") that i use for live, but for recording I've got a pair of Wuhans. I hit fairly hard, and prefer to save those for recording. The 2002's sound almost exactly like the ones I have, but the Wuhans just have a bit more trash to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WGnxBBgeI

The 2000 very trashy indeed, found it at GC used online price drop, think it was like 75 bucks shipped. I'm a sucker for 80's 2000 and 3000 series :facepalm:

• Members

The 2000 very trashy indeed, found it at GC used online price drop, think it was like 75 bucks shipped. I'm a sucker for 80's 2000 and 3000 series
:facepalm:

I loved the 3000's. I had a pair of 3000 Crashes that I loved. One was an 18" Power Crash and man I loved that thing. I talked to one of Paiste's reps when the 3000 line was discontinued and they told me that the were folded into the 2002 line, so the 2002 18" power Crash is actually the 3000 18" Power Crash, just branded as a 2002. I'm half-tempted to buy one just to see if it sounds like the one I bought all those years ago... I guess that was like 1987 or 1988? (Man, that REALLY makes me feel old reading that. LOL)

• Members

Don't ya know sometimes older = better value? I found what appears to be a near perfect paiste 3000 ride for 109.00 bucks on GC used gear. a 20" paiste 2002 ride (branded as 3000) for $109.00? I mean how much is a new 2002 now anyway like 300 bucks? Problem is you can't hear it, only hear it over the phone when you call, not the same thing.

• Members

I own a 12" Wuhan China that is a KILLER little punch/effect cymbal. I don't use it too often, but when I do it is the perfect combination of trash and punch.

That being said, whenever I use it I am also concerned that more than 1 or 2 solid hits and the thing will fall apart.

DB

Use a cymbal spring with it. They seem to hold up a lot better that way. I know someone who was breaking Wuhan 12's left and right until he put a cymbal spring on it and hasn't broke the last one he had yet and it's been over 6 months,maybe longer and he is a very heavy hitter,I won't let him touch my kit lol

Archived