Press Kit - what do you use?

• Members

It probably wont matter though, even if it was the best recording of the best band in the world.

Not true my friend. We do appreciate talent. And although we shouldnt judge others because they dont have mp3's or cd's in shevles at walmart we somtimes do.

I too got grief when I was starting out on the net because i couldnt say; "Here's my talent,skills, mp3's, whatever. Go check it out and shut up!"

Thats one ego reason why i did put up a site. My stuff aint grand and im not EC, or SRV, anyone else. Im me and not ashamed of what i can or cant do. But having a small site and at least one mp3 can eliminate one area where people can diss ya. If ya can manage it sometime put up a tune. It does help. But that doesnt mean i think you cant play or you are a joke. I dont. You havent lived in my shoes and vice versa. Thats all...

• Members

Originally posted by drummerjoe

Hahahahaha whos talking {censored} again? Please. You take this place way to seriously. Its just text on the internet. You are resorting to some pretty childish behavior yourselves with some of the {censored} you are saying. All I said was, I dont believe him when he said that he sent crown and steak certificates with his press kits, and if he did its lame and stupid.

"pimple faced little skateboarding bedwetter who can't resist spraypainting graffiti on the sides of Wal-Marts" are you joking? if you want anyone to respect their "elders" as you put it.... then why resort to acting like that? does that make me respect you? please. I dont care what you have been through. It has nothing at all to do with anything... and I also dont care how old you are, or how much respect you think you have earned going no where with your music careers. I owe neither of you anything. Nor does anyone else. So quit being so easily bothered, and stop resorting to being 3x as much the child as you accuse me of being. I cant belive it takes so little to rattle you people up so much. And I will once again state...
ITS AN ONLINE MESSAGE BOARD ON THE INTERNET, CO;POSED OF COMPLETE STRANGERS....

I believe it was you who called Robby a liar. That is uncalled for, and around where I'm from, you'd be bitch slapped for it, at the very least, stranger or not. You like to stir up stuff and then come off as so above it all. I don't care if you respect anything about us "geezers", it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Apparently you're too stupid for that anyway, judging by your inarticulate and inane comments.

• Members
Originally posted by drummerjoe

Hahahahaha whos talking {censored} again? Please. You take this place way to seriously. Its just text on the internet. You are resorting to some pretty childish behavior yourselves with some of the {censored} you are saying. All I said was, I dont believe him when he said that he sent crown and steak certificates with his press kits, and if he did its lame and stupid.

Actually, son, I think (when you grow up) you'll find that this sort of promo works, as it separates this band from the rest...nothing "lame and stupid" about that! A $75 investment for a series of gigs that pay $500+ per night and up is a MUCH better investment than a $5 press-kit that gets you a $150 gig...do the math!

Successful musicians are also good businessmen...they HAVE to be!

• Members

well... placing i won battle of the Bands isn't gunna hurt ya!

I mean {censored}.... my band had zero exposure when we first giged at my schools Battle of the Bands and we won it ok. This is what we did.

Hype, Hype, Hype....

If you get a crowd that means people are buying Consesions or Beer and that makes the place you are playing for money.

I mean if we drew a crowd from the street and cars passing buy as we played at a High School outdoor show.. that means we can most likely draw a crowd to a bar or something.

I mean the bar owners could care less if you are Nu-metal or anything on how you sound they just wanna know if you can draw a crowd that is over 21 and that is it so they all can buy beer and liquor.

that is all it is about.

Archived