Tour buses...how much to rent?

grutko

• Members

I was talking to a tour bus driver at a show once, and he told me $1000 a day. Of course, he was stoned and getting drunk, so that number could be way off, but still, it's too damn much money for me! LOL

• Members

In 1977, it cost (the band I was with at the time) $1500 a week to rent a touring bus, including the driver's cut. Nowdays, it's a LOT higher.

Alternate idea: buy a school bus at an auction, pull out the last 6 rows of seats (gear storage) and paint it a cool color (not like the Partridge Family, please!)...buddy of mine recently did this and owns a pretty decent "mobile ad" for his band for about $3500, total!

Always better to own, if possible!:)

• Members

Originally posted by Wareyin

I was talking to a tour bus driver at a show once, and he told me $1000 a day. Of course, he was stoned and getting drunk, so that number could be way off, but still, it's too damn much money for me! LOL

A stoned and drunk bus driver! I'm sure the label loves that!

• Members

We are planning on an old conversion van, and a good sized trailer for our "tour" next summer. I don't know how we're going to get the van. Either pay cash, or get a loan. Hopefully we'll have enough to buy it outright. Conversion vans are pretty cheap, big, and comfy. Some even have beds in the back.

Archived