The music industry killed Napster. Now what is in store for Kazaa, Bearshare, etc.?

• Members

Originally posted by cavemanic

I wouldn't sign to a {censored}ty deal unless it was maybe Fred Durst's label ,knowing that anything he signs sells {censored}loads anyway
:)
I mean sure you get to tour and play for people which i would love ,but I am harldy going to drop my standard of living for a fat label exec

fred durst isn't a fat label exec? why, cuz he wears a dumb red hat? he may help you sell records (now that is) but he's an asshole. and i'm not just saying that because of the {censored} you see on TV. he really is an asshole. a friend of mine had to work with him and what a pain in the ass he was. you know who else is a record exec? that guy GERARDO, you know the one who had a hit like ten years ago with "rico suave". its good to know fred is with similar people.

• Members

Originally posted by EngineGuitarist

fred durst isn't a fat label exec? why, cuz he wears a dumb red hat? he may help you sell records (now that is) but he's an asshole. and i'm not just saying that because of the {censored} you see on TV. he really is an asshole. a friend of mine had to work with him and what a pain in the ass he was. you know who else is a record exec? that guy GERARDO, you know the one who had a hit like ten years ago with "rico suave". its good to know fred is with similar people.

I couldn't really care if he is a asshole or not , anything the guy touches turns to gold (or {censored} haha well {censored} that sells {censored}LOADS!) 3 rock bands on atlantic (big wreck,the cult,stp) have been {censored}ed over by that label, so would rather just piss your music away to some label that doesn't give a {censored}?

We all have to work/deal with assholes in this life and fred is one of the better asshole's ,especially if you are signed to him.

Its not so much about money ,its more knowing the guy WILL promote your music.

• Members

i think this could be the thing to cut out the record companies, recording equipment is gettin gcheaper and cheaper, and now you have the means to sell your own music, on th enet, you dont need a record company you can do it yourself, i think the record companies see that this could happen and are scared

• Members

Originally posted by snorky

GIVE ME ALL THE SONGS I WANT FOR FREE!!!!

BUT DONT GIVE ANYBODY MY SONGS FOR FREE!!!!!!

what if you downloaded only music that you used to have in the past but dont have any more? like if you paid for it the first time you had it like a tape that got stolen would you be really bad if you downloaded the album for free?

huh?

Oh, I don't know. What if you had a Toyota Camry that you paid for years ago but lost it or someone stole it. Shouldn't you be able just to go drive a new one off the lot for nothing?

Archived