Latest cover song..

m26uk

• Members
There's nothing wrong doing covers....*but* you will encounter people (like myself)

that want you to dig deeper within yourself and send you a concise message that you've mastered Michael Jackson's singing..and many will feel that it's time

to sing your own material, seriously. There is nothing (from a fan's standpoint) for you to do/prove when singing M.J covers -in my opinion-

I've not heard the original so I can't say for certain but it appears

that you do copy his voice (note the word appears) and other words I used

like "seemingly" because I'm not attacking you nor calling you a liar....but

the similarities are just too close for comfort. (not a negative)

I can do an impression of M.J but not as good as you, which is to say I have to force my voice to sound like him...whereas you naturally share the same tonality as M.J.s'

Usually people that "sound" similar don't get much flack because the differences

are just so apparent...but in your case there really aren't any!!! That's saying a lot!

Your growl sounds like his too.

Anyway you should never take it personal when anyone says you

are copying a singer's bread and butter...but instead have the foresight to understand

that until you really start singing your own material it's an apples to oranges comparison with respect to your voice sounding like * or sounding like *you* -because

of the likeness you share with *

hey man I hope my previous reply did'nt come across as me taking it in a real bad way, I really appreciate your comments, and I do see what you are saying, and respect what you are saying to... I hope I can do some original stuff and bring it to this forum. anyway thanks again! and thanks for watching my vid.. I do respect your feedback.. :)

• Members

hey man I hope my previous reply did'nt come across as me taking it in a real bad way, I really appreciate your comments, and I do see what you are saying, and respect what you are saying to... I hope I can do some original stuff and bring it to this forum. anyway thanks again! and thanks for watching my vid.. I do respect your feedback..
:)

Not at all.

I really like your resolve!

I appreciate the kind words and after all the name of the game is really to

grow and develop as an artist which, I think you've done brilliantly and have

come a long way since the first time I heard your tracks and videos.

• Members
Not at all.

I really like your resolve!

I appreciate the kind words and after all the name of the game is really to

grow and develop as an artist which, I think you've done brilliantly and have

come a long way since the first time I heard your tracks and videos.

thanks man, appreciate you saying that.. :thu:

Archived