Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

theminpoes

• Members

Check out Boyce Avenue on youtube or on itunes. you will see what I mean...

Rod

I know of them. They're pretty good.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying "you will see what I mean". Do you mean the arranging of songs or of song selections?

• Moderators

I know of them. They're pretty good.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying "you will see what I mean". Do you mean the arranging of songs or of song selections?

Rod means their song selection, they've covered like almost every hit/popular song, that's how so many people found out about them.

• Members
times have changed, jackaroo. John Lennon is not the 2011 poster child of cool. In fact, he hasn't been since the late 60s.

i couldn't tell u one girl who even {censored}ing knows who john lennon is, and i know plenty.

Touche! I'm showing my age....:( How about Thom Yorke? Jack White? :idk:

• Members

Rod means their song selection, they've covered like almost every hit/popular song, that's how so many people found out about them.

Yep! You can do acoustic and introspect niche music while using modern tunes. I do at least 3 modern songs in our set that are in their style since I play the Cajon.

People love it since they are not expecting it! You come out with a cool guitar and voice version on Cee-lo and people take notice and coment with their friends, you do a song that everyone has done before you, then you just added to the ranks of same old cover song.

Rod

• Members

Yep! You can do acoustic and introspect niche music while using modern tunes. I do at least 3 modern songs in our set that are in their style since I play the Cajon.

People love it since they are not expecting it! You come out with a cool guitar and voice version on Cee-lo and people take notice and coment with their friends, you do a song that everyone has done before you, then you just added to the ranks of same old cover song.

Rod

Yeah, that's a cool way to look at it! Thanks for the tips, guys.

• Members

In reply to something that Duke said about what is cool and not-cool music, well, everyone doesn't consider the same music cool. Different people consider different music cool. Some of the hipster/indie crowd would think that my music is cool. But that's just some of the hipster/indie crowd. Other people, like people who listen more to pop, hip hop, mainstream, etc. might not think my music is cool. So yeah, I think that's something to consider when wondering what music would be cool to play for you.

Archived