Collaboration MMMM - Crash Test Dummies

YeahDoIt

• Members

According to the wiki:

Song meaning

Each verse describes the isolation and suffering of a child, two of whom have a physical abnormality; a boy whose hair has prematurely whitened from shock and a girl covered in birthmarks. The third child's family belong to a charismatic/pentecostal church, and is forced to 'lurch and shake' when visiting the church.

An alternate version sometimes performed at live concerts replaced the third verse with one concerning a boy whose mother disposed of his tonsils after a tonsillectomy, thus depriving him of the possibility of bringing them to show and tell.[1]

It also notes that despite its initial popularity, the song is on several notable "worst songs" lists. I would have to agree tis a pretty terrible song...Why would you not have done Superman Song instead? Out of curiosity...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1st verse - Masklin->Me->Yeahdoit ........... Yes

2nd verse - Me->Grace .................... Yes

Bridge - Me, Grace, and Yeahdoit... ........ Yes

3rd verse - Duke->Shadowdusk ........... Yes

Chorus' - At the moment mostly Yeahdoit and Masklin two times.

The outro is sung by Me, Grace and Yeahdoit.

• Members

So are we happy with this or what? If we are, we should include the final file in the first post and rename the subject or something.

I really feel like some things are missing though... like several chori :p

Anyone who feels like it should fill the gaps.

• Members

words fail me.

most people generally reserve their public criticism till they have a decent enough post count (read: more than 5)

if you were expecting pavorittis scampering about, you came to the wrong place.

all of us, with the exception of one or two troublemakers, are here to learn.

• Members

It makes perfect sense that singing forums are not populated by singers without issues, so I wonder why you expect perfect singing?

Speaking for myself, I know I have loads to learn, and depending on your chosen scale, I could be terrible, average or aspiring.

Also;

Weissey smells of sour diarrhea. :wave:

• Members

weaselly, perhaps i'm not a pavorritti, but there are others who do a good job. staticsound did a great job on that mmm track, but you said everyone sucks.

Thanks man, screw this guy. You know he's getting off on this, same old story. Our friend weasely, prob gets made fun of at school, work, got kicked out off choir, or is just lonely and takes his aggression out on the Internet...sitting at home in mom's basement typing away ;) I wouldn't even respond anymore.

• Members

Thanks man, screw this guy. You know he's getting off on this, same old story. Our friend weasely, prob gets made fun of at school, work, got kicked out off choir, or is just lonely and takes his aggression out on the Internet...sitting at home in mom's basement typing away
;)
I wouldn't even respond anymore.

Agreed.

• Members

Ok, I've had a listen and firstly, I don't sing in the bridge (as far as I can remember!) I know that there's some women backing on that section, but it aint me!

I see there's a gap on some of the choruses so I've done the missing MMs in the choruses. I've also added an extra harmony to the end harmonised bit (but I sort of mucked that up, so sorry, lol). I put a bit of harmony on the bridge too. Here ya go!

http://picosong.com/CBb

• Members

"pavorritti" ????? HA HA HA HA. Hey country bumpkin, you can't even spell the name. Methinks the Duchess should have written "perhaps I'm not a Mick Jagger". I think we'd all agree that with about 10 years of VERY hard practice the Duchess maybe, just maybe, might improve his voice to at least half as good as Mick Jagger's voice. Lucky you.

I think I'll now say "arrivederci" (look it up in the dictionary Duchess).

I've embarrassed you wonderful singers a little too much. Trust me, I have a heart and realize the pain all of you "singers" are going through. So it's "au revoir" (look it up in the dictionary Duchess) forever.

PS: I'll be checking American Idol to see if any of you make it past the first audition.

Bye forever xxxxxxxxxx

weasselly, i will miss u. mais tu dois partir!!!!! au revoir mon petite merde!

Archived