recommend me some practice songs

Ripfence

• Members

I just started lessons and I am looking for recommendations on some songs to use for practice. I'm a baritone and I enjoy singing bluesy stuff like Keb Mo or rock or more soulful things.

I can do tenor too but for now I'd like to stay with my natural range until I train my voice more.

Thank you.

• Members

I just started lessons and I am looking for recommendations on some songs to use for practice. I'm a baritone and I enjoy singing bluesy stuff like Keb Mo or rock or more soulful things.

I can do tenor too but for now I'd like to stay with my natural range until I train my voice more.

Thank you.

so what's wrong with doing keb mo, howlin wolf and all that? google how to create karaoke tracks out of the full mp3s. you need something like audacity or soundforge then just invert the channels to get rid of the vox. takes all of 30 seconds to do.,

otis redding is good too, upper baritone range. most of the other soul singers are tenor though - wilson pickett is bari/tenor so he hits some high squeels and all that, but most of his stuff should be good to go.

of course jimmy morrison and jimi hendrix too for the rock stuff.

Archived