I'm finally working on the new cab

burdizzos

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by burdizzos

It still handles the Low-B just fine and sounds fantastic.

My drummer and guitarist were impressed that so much was coming out of so little. And when they each picked up the cab, they were shocked.

In short, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I sure am glad this worked out so well, it would have been a bitch to spend so much time on something and be disappointed.

I am envious of your knowledge and expertise. Well done.:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by el_duderino676

speaking of cabs, I would give my left nut for this one.

It can be yours for $1750+. There's no way I'd drop that kind of coin for that cab. It's certainly not going to make me sound like Tommy Shannon.

• Members

Originally posted by Thunderbroom

It can be yours for $1750+. There's no way I'd drop that kind of coin for that cab. It's certainly not going to make
me
sound like Tommy Shannon.

It is a lot, but I would love it just so that I could have a piece of gear that a great player that I honor greatly and that I could tell people that if they wanted to see my cab, they could just look for it on DVD.

• Members

Thanks again for all of the nice words.

There's no need for a FAQ, I'm almost always more than willing to answer specific questions when asked.

I'll keep another photo journal when I build Thunderbroom's as his will look a bit different.

I flew through the second half of this cab's production without taking any pictures.

I also made a few mistakes that won't be repeated. So the next one will be more informative because I'll know what I'm doing. ;)

• Members

actually if im not mistaken, he used fibregalss epoxy to strenghten all of the walls (which let him use a lot thinner and thus lighter material) and then used poly fill to add help fill out the sound and deaden the inside

that stuff is really cool, its like instant room in a box, its a really nice replacement for enlarging the volume of the box

it also looks like he glued some wooden slats down to add to the strength of it too, then just epoxied over it

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayinguy

actually if im not mistaken, he used fibregalss epoxy to strenghten all of the walls (which let him use a lot thinner and thus lighter material) and then used poly fill to add help fill out the sound and deaden the inside

that stuff is really cool, its like instant room in a box, its a really nice replacement for enlarging the volume of the box

it also looks like he glued some wooden slats down to add to the strength of it too, then just epoxied over it

????:confused: :confused: :confused: ????

• Members

Congratulations! I hope you know that tbroom is my hero sooo.. absolutely must have one of your cabs as well...all kidding aside..I need one of those cabs....please?:eek: All my current stuff is just too heavy now that my back is screwed up.:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by phatster

Congratulations! I hope you know that tbroom is my hero sooo.. absolutely must have one of your cabs as well...all kidding aside..I need one of those cabs....please?
:eek:
All my current stuff is just too heavy now that my back is screwed up.
:confused:

You're starting to worry me...just a little.

• Members

The fiberglass was used only to stiffen up the pieces of wood.

There is a 3/4"x3/4" piece of molding at every joint to which the pieces are screwed and glued.

Next time I'll probably fiberglass everything for the hell of it, but it really isn't needed.

• Members

Hey Burdizzos,

What do you think about the balance between the two drivers? You don't use an L-pad, correct? I built a 112+5 using the Delta LF and the traditional Galaxy and I think the Galaxy is a little hotter than the Delta. It's not terrible and I can EQ my way around it, but I would prefer to fix it at the cab. You mentioned that the Deltalite may be more efficient. Is the balance similar to that of your older 212+5? Also, how is the bass response of the Neo driver compared to the traditional one?

Thanks for all the information and inspiration.

-Erik

• Members

Well, the new Galaxy is a bit brighter and is more efficient. If you find that the old Galaxy adds too much high end, you're really going to want an L-pad of the Neo Galaxy.

I'm crossing the Galaxy over at 500 Hz, so I have no idea what its bass response is. I can say, that the Neo Galaxy is brighter and has a bit more above 10 kHz than the old one.

This is one of those things where the mileage varies. Personally, I think the Galaxy sounds perfect because I like that sort of sound. Other folks may prefer more or less sparkle on the high end.

Adding an L-pad isn't that big of a deal, they are cheap and easy to install.

How do you like the Galaxy? I think you're the only person to actually use one other than me.

Archived