affordable all tube bass heads

P_air Bass82

• Members

a friend of mine picked up an svt II and 8x10 cab for a grand a few months back, and at the same time there was also another svt going for 600 bucks. the tube amp deals are out there, you just gotta find them. look in classified papers and craigslist.org

• Members

You might be able to find some of the OLD Sunn tube bass amp heads on Ebay for not much $$$...

Like the Sorado, Sceptre, Sentura, S100...

Though those seem to look as if they were low-powered (one or two output tubes) from the pics...

71solarus1.jpg

EDIT: or maybe they aren't so low-powered?

100s-200s.gif

• Members
Originally posted by BillyMethany

You might be able to find some of the OLD Sunn tube bass amp heads on Ebay for not much $$$...

Like the Sorado, Sceptre, Sentura, S100...

Though those seem to look as if they were low-powered (one or two output tubes) from the pics...

I bought a Sceptre for $125. I replaced a tube that was iffy and even though I wasn't looking to sell it, Sean (the 0x) wanted it... I gave him a price of $200 (still a deal and a 1/2) and he came on up to Jersey and snagged it.

a pair of 6550 power tubes rated at between 60 and 100 watts depending on who you ask. Not quite enough for me... so I got a head with 4 pair of 6550 :cool:

6x 6L6 might be the right size for a low watt single cab rig for me

here is the back of the one I sold
sunnsceptre3.jpg

Archived