The Genz Benz GBE600 Reference Guide

I stink at bass

• Members

Ok, I have an idea. How about a Song reference guide for us GBE600/1200 users? Takes some of your favorite songs, mark down the settings that you use when playing them, Then post them on a reference guide. That way other users can use it to dial in thier tone......................I came up with the idea, so someone who actually knows a little something about computers can set up a link. That would be :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Members

I think that's a great idea, but I don't play many cover songs... So, I can't contribute anything that would be useful to others.

I'm interested in what others use though as different sounds inspire different songs within me.

• Members
Originally posted by MikeMess

I think that's a great idea, but I don't play many cover songs... So, I can't contribute anything that would be useful to others.

I'm interested in what others use though as different sounds inspire different songs within me.

I think that's a good idea as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be a cover song. Someone could say, "when I am playing slap, this is how I set it up" or "when I am play metal, this is my setting". It would be interesting to see what the different perceptions of rock tone vs. funk tone vs. jazz tone, etc..

• Members

Originally posted by I stink at bass

... "when I am playing slap, this is how I set it up" or "when I am play metal, this is my setting"...

"when i'm waiting for the GBE1200 to arrive in the country, i have a frowney face setting"

:(

(lucky i'm not a whinger :p )

• Members

Ok, I have an idea. How about a Song reference guide for us GBE600/1200 users? Takes some of your favorite songs, mark down the settings that you use when playing them, Then post them on a reference guide. That way other users can use it to dial in thier tone......................

Shouldn't they use their ears:confused:

• Members
Originally posted by T. Alan Smith

Shouldn't they use their ears:confused:

True in most cases, but believe it or not, some people don't have an ear for tone. THEY think they do, but thier audience has another opinion. Then again, if they own a Genz Benz, they obviously have an ear for GOOD tone. So you made a valid point.

• Members

True in most cases, but believe it or not, some people don't have an ear for tone. THEY think they do, but thier audience has another opinion. Then again, if they own a Genz Benz, they obviously have an ear for GOOD tone. So you made a valid point.

:D

• Members

Originally posted by beam

awww, it's ok. I played through a GBE at the last HCBF midwest meeting, very nice sounding amplifier
:)

:D I'm better now. My good friend is a lead guy at Trace and he makes sure to forward comments like that to me....all in good fun.

• Members

Originally posted by hasbeen

I'm better now. My good friend is a lead guy at Trace and he makes sure to forward comments like that to me....all in good fun.

Haha, that's pretty cool. Tell him that half of this forum is in love with the V-type line, and that's just because the other half hasn't tried them yet!

• Members

Haha, that's pretty cool. Tell him that half of this forum is in love with the V-type line, and that's just because the other half hasn't tried them yet!

Well, Roger, If it makes you any happier... I used to own a Trace V6 and now I'm playing a GBE 600. I'm much happier now. :)

• Members

I'm not telling him until we come out with our tube amp first. He has to do his own market analysis work like I do....even if he does buy me beer at the NAMM shows. ;)

• Members

I'm not telling him until we come out with our tube amp first. He has to do his own market analysis work like I do....even if he does buy me beer at the NAMM shows.
;)

An all tube Genz Benz would be truly awesome. :D

I'm tired of wating for Ashdown to do it, so you might as well beat them to it ;)

• Members

An all tube Genz Benz would be truly awesome.

I'm tired of wating for Ashdown to do it, so you might as well beat them to it
;)

I don't think Ashdown will do it. Ashdown is Mark Gooday...the gentleman that started Trace Elliot. At Trace, the designers of Trace SS and Trace Tube were different people. Mark doesn't have that tube designer with him.

• Members

I don't think Ashdown will do it. Ashdown is Mark Gooday...the gentleman that started Trace Elliot. At Trace, the designers of Trace SS and Trace Tube were different people. Mark doesn't have that tube designer with him.

but...but.... :(

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

Aw dammit. They've released all-tube guitar heads... there must be hope.

An all tube Ashdown head is my wet dream
:eek:

well, you have a good point there....I hadn't thought of that. Always remember , just because "I'm in the industry" doesn't mean I'm always right. My wife always tells me I'm not always right. ;)

• Members

Hey! I leave for two days, and my "Reference Guide Thread" turns into a Trace / all-tube thread.:mad: Anyway, I am 100% satisfied with Genz Benz gear. Remember, I owned a 1970 SVT, which was suppose to be the MOTHER of ALL tube amps. Wasn't impressed! Since then, I,ve tried an Orange, Mesa 400, and even the super $$$ Phil Jones T-500. I wasn't impressed by any of them. The GBE Series is the ONLY amp I've tried that can deliver all the tones I want, and run at 2ohms ALL DAY!!!!

• Members

Hey! I leave for two days, and my "Reference Guide Thread" turns into a Trace / all-tube thread.
:mad:
Anyway, I am 100% satisfied with Genz Benz gear. Remember, I owned a 1970 SVT, which was suppose to be the MOTHER of ALL tube amps. Wasn't impressed! Since then, I,ve tried an Orange, Mesa 400, and even the super $$$ Phil Jones T-500. I wasn't impressed by any of them. The GBE Series is the ONLY amp I've tried that can deliver all the tones I want, and run at 2ohms ALL DAY!!!!

Why do you hate solid state so much?:(

Archived