OT: Come on, this is getting stupid.

NeonVomit

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

From what I understand, North Korea abandoned the NPT sometime around 2002 or 2003. They had previously abandoned it in March 1993 before signing the 1994 agreement with the US and (temporarily) rejoining the NPT regime.

A lot of information here

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by NeonVomit

I know, but their government is being led by an irrational madman. Something has to be done. What happens when they get desperate? will the thousands who will die in their initial attack be justified by wiping their country away?

I think something should be done before then. The consequences of a nuclear attack are too awful to think about.

Are you honestly suggesting that we attack someone BEFORE they do more harm? A preemptive war? :D

GWB would be proud of you.

• Members

No, I basically share what the pro-Iraq war supporters feel, just this time about N Korea. GWB be proud of me? He doesn't seem to be doing too much at the moment about N Korea.

I personally think N Korea is a far greater threat to stability and security than Iraq ever was.

Then again, like I said, maybe the people in the Pentagon know something that I don't. I'm hoping whatever that something is, is enough to make any form of action redundant.

• Members

Originally posted by NeonVomit

No, I basically share what the pro-Iraq war supporters feel, just this time about N Korea. GWB be proud of me? He doesn't seem to be doing too much at the moment about N Korea.

I personally think N Korea is a far greater threat to stability and security than Iraq ever was.

Then again, like I said, maybe the people in the Pentagon know something that I don't. I'm hoping whatever that something is, is enough to make any form of action redundant.

I've said it for years. NK will be handled by China. They will squash Kim and his supporters, destroy the nuclear weapons, get most favored nation status accross the board with the UN, and in return we will allow them to take back Taiwan.

Where do you think the technongly came from in the first place?

• Members

Im pretty sure that the USSR never had anywhere even close to the amount of nukes the U.S made.

^ im not sure about this I would welcome credible proven information saying otherwise

Im also pretty sure that N. Korea is literally THE most indoctrinated country that exists right now. The belief if such a thing were true would lead to the inevitable hatred of whatever the govmt says is the cause for starvation.. in this case I wouldnt be surprised if the claim were sanctions and such.

^ again more information regarding this would be welcomed

In concern for the question of rebellion, i thought most revolutionary movements and in fact the french revolution as well started BECAUSE the fact that the population was so famished, that people became outraged at the extravagances of the rich. In that case it was the powers tried to be to greedy if im correct

^ same dealy

I also amd pretty sure that Iraq was definately NOT a threat. We bombed the {censored} out there military last time around. Hussein had but 20% of the forces that he had during operation desert storm.

^ am i mistaken on this? I had a REALLY dumb history teacher last time around but im pretty sure I remeber hearing that from a couple of reputable sources

• Members

Oh and one more thing.

Its been a pretty consisten thing that whenever something revolutionary happens whether it turns into dictatorship to the people instead of the main ideals, the rest of the world and the existing political order becomes frightens and puts immense amounts of pressure economically, politically, attempts to isolate and weaken that govnt,. Therefore, I would not be surprised that such a described madman would attempt to have some sort of ace up the sleeve.

If you think about the Russian revolution, Lenin took power because he believed at first that counterrevoluitionary forces were conspiring to destroy the revolution. And he was right. The White army was attacking attempting to get back power, the Germans were attacking, the u.s. put economic sanctions. Eventually Lenin liked the power he had gotten too much and the revolutionary "blood" i guess was drained from the people through the Cheka, the repression of all talk critical to lenin even from within the party, and if you read Arendt, you can see the importance of such things. The Proletarian Dictatorships "all power to the soviets" become the Bolshevik Dictatorship and all power to the bolsheviks.

Archived