Guild 302

ZiggyDude

• Members

I tried a Guild B302 the other day. Had a nice sound - very bright.

I have heard that these things feed back really bad - anyone know about that?

I am not sure if the pickups are stock. It is a double P type thing - with the 4 metalic dots in each one. I saw a picture of one of these basses before and the pickup was a solid metal line across it. But - maybe they used differ pickups over time or between the 301 and 302.

• Members

I beg to differ there, bud. I found and bought a Guild Pilot 302 at a garage sale and it has two p-90's on it. I bought the last known NIB pick guard in existense for it from the gentleman who just died who built ButtaBass's. His name escapes me but he was a very nice fellow. He'd purchased all the left over stock from Guild when they folded their tent, I believe in the eighties. (this is long before Fender resurrected the logo).

They don't feed back at all and do possess a wonderful bright, snappy tone, not too unlike the beloved Ricky, but can be dialed in to sound thumpy. If you want to hear it you can go to my sons web page at 3sgspot.com. The Pilot has become kind of an intrical part of their tone.

Cheers

• Members

Originally posted by Markee

I beg to differ there, bud. I found and bought a Guild Pilot 302 at a garage sale and it has two p-90's on it.

Well whatever. They weren't putting them on there when I bought mine.

Archived