OT-invasion of the animals!!!!!!!!!

dogman

• Members

Man, this week has been rather wild{pardon the pun} Spent all day Friday working with my dad at their house digging up tunnels that moles dug on the side of their property which is a hill and the water has now started to erode(FYI, the holes started at the top of the hill about the size of a chicken egg to possibly a small orange and ended up around 50-60 feet downhill toward the base of the hill around 30 inches in diameter (big enough to hide a person in!!!) 9 hours with the shovel gave me a whole new appreciation(or should I say disdain!) for these little digging bastards!

Now, I just got home to my house today a few hours ago, went outside to clean my BBQ pit in the backyard and after washing it and leaving it to dry and the hose turned off on the ground(though it was dripping a little)I went inside to put some clothes to wash.I walked back outside about an hour later,and as Im walking to the spot in my yard to get my BBQ pit, my foot sinks a good 10-12" into a muddy-ass frickin hole!!You guessed it,those frickin' moles are back in my yard too(I live a good 5 miles away, it aint the same ones)

I had to battle these things last year and after spending the better part of $60 on everything from poisons to traps,the thing that actually turned out successful was pouring about an orange juice glass amount of gasoline down a hole I made in the top of one of the freshly made tunnels and standing by to watch the action.Within about 2 minutes,the subterranean invader that made that hole came diggin out the top of the tunnel into my yard where he was quickly(and humanely) dispatched.

I quess the mole massacre Pt#2 will have to commence soon,they cause so much frickin damage its ridiculous,my pushmower couldnt even make it through the yard last year without killing every 5 feet baecause of all the tunnels!!! :mad:

they dont appear that bad yet, but I know how this goes, it wont be long before my yard looks like a battlefield again because of them if I dont act fast:

Ahhh!!!!!

as a side note,while coming back in a few minutes ago I also noticed that there is a litter of kittens resided under my steps of the house,seems that the mother decided to deposit them under my central air conditioning unit.They are pretty cute, but wild as hell(pretty funny actually watching these little hairballs hiss and spit like they are real badasses when you venture even in close proximity to them.I dont need any other cats,the one I have now(in the house) is enough of a handful, but these little guys are pretty cute, though like most ferral ones, have no people skills yet!!Anyway:

273cats2-med.JPGAnyone want a kitten??!!

273cats1.JPG Or how about 5 of them??? :rolleyes::D

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Try running a plastic hose from the exhaust pipe of your lawnmower down the hole and gas the little bastards out. It works well for gophers.

not a bad idea, but Ill have to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up a threaded pipe to fit where the exhaust is on my mower,in the meantime, I think it'll probably be the old "87 octane cocktail" for those critters(the moles, not the kittens)!!;)

• Members

or maybe some humane traps instead?

Gotta get them or you will have a lot of inbred retardo cats running around. But dont gas em. If they have to be put down, let the humane society do it with a shot.

A few hours spent with them and they could probably be tamed. I brought home one here a while ago and she had 3 kittens. all of them are adoptable now and they wont be producing any more babies.

call you local animal rescue and they will come out and trap them for you for free.

• Members

Originally posted by dogman

not a bad idea, but Ill have to make a trip to the hardware store to pick up a threaded pipe to fit where the exhaust is on my mower,in the meantime, I think it'll probably be the old "87 octane cocktail" for those critters(the moles, not the kittens)!!
;)

A buddy of mine uses his Model T Ford to gas em with. He says it'll kill elephants, but I don't think he's really ever tried it. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Tim in WV

or maybe some humane traps instead?

Gotta get them or you will have a lot of inbred retardo cats running around. But dont gas em. If they have to be put down, let the humane society do it with a shot.

A few hours spent with them and they could probably be tamed. I brought home one here a while ago and she had 3 kittens. all of them are adoptable now and they wont be producing any more babies.

Dude, you must've skipped over the first part of my post.Im NOT talking about killing the kittens, Im talking about erraticating moles that are trying to overrun my yard!!TO all readers of this thread(especially PETA types, dont put me on your hitlist(though if you wanna send Pam Anderson around so I can try to put something into her mouth other than your propaganda,thats cool;) :p ) I am not killing cats,read the entire post!!!:cool:

Archived