Preliminary review of the 4003

no-logic

• Members

So as some of you know I got my new Ric 4003 from POTR the other day and was somewhat disappointed after spending $1000 that it was not set up. So....I just had some time to mess with it. I removed the nut and sanded it down to lower the strings at that end. Reglued the nut and adjusted the bridge height and set the pickup height. Whoa!!! I'm starting to dig it. It plays great now and what a vintage vibe!! The neck is a little chunkier than I am used to but I can get used to that. I plugged it into my rig at home which is an Ampeg B2 and a Dr. Bass RX115 and tweeked the EQ and pickups some and it is coming alive. I'm starting to feel the mojo. The true test will be a live situation but we don't have another gig until June. Practice next week will be another step where I can plug it into my other Ampeg B2 and my Ampeg SVT15E and Dr. Bass RX210. That should bring out the highs better. So far so good. It's growing on me.:):cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Mudbass

Told ya so! Wait till you try it a practice and hear those Ricky tones cut right through. That's when you'll really start lovin it.

Welcome into the fold Rickenbrother.
:cool:

Thanks. I feel like I am coming into the eternal light......

Archived