OT: PSP users...thoughts/info please

PrestiaRules

• Members

Can you tell me about your feelings on this device? Good toy? There was a thread on these but when I search the forum I can;t find it.

:confused:

anyways is the 1 GIG memory stick a good idea? Can I use the Scan Disk Duo Stick?

Battery Life?

How do you convert DVDs to files it can play?

PR

• Members

Originally posted by PrestiaRules

Can you tell me about your feelings on this device? Good toy? There was a thread on these but when I search the forum I can;t find it.

anyways is the 1 GIG memory stick a good idea? Can I use the Scan Disk Duo Stick?

Battery Life?

PR

As far as a game machine, they are great (wireless network, great graphics), as far as watching movies and listening to MP3's, they are great, as far as converting stuff, I haven't tried it yet. When I got one for my kids, I thought "How can those bastages charge this much". After seeing it, reading all the features, etc. I thought "How can the bastages sell this thing so cheap". :D

• Members

love my PSP. the only thing i would change is the battery life (4-6 hours) but from what i understand they're coming out with a longer lasting battery.

i have one dead pixel but its really hard to see even when you're looking for it. if you get a warranty they'll replace the unit for you anyways.

i just got a 1gig card for my b-day but i haven't had a chance to really use it. i need to get a usb cable so i can transfer movies and mp3s to it. the video playback is pretty damn good and the music with headphones is surprisingly clear.

to convert videos check out www.pspvideo9.com. its completely free and is pretty easy to use.

if you get one, buy Lumines. its worse then crack.

• Members

Battery Life?

PR

I started a thread on one a while ago when i got mine. could be that one. anyway, i love it. I would definantly get the 1gig memory stick if you can. It was to much for me so i opt. for the 512 mb card. You can use the sandisk ones if youd like, but a rumor i heard, and i think its true is that the sony memory sticks will compress files better and make them smaller. for example a save at 128kb on a sandisk will be 88kb on a sony. I have a sony one btw. I could be wrong though and it might just that the PRO DUO's are the cards that do this. regardless more memory is always better.

battery life is good. you can pretty much play for about 6 hours straight, even though i doubt anyone will actually do that. I think movie time is supposed to last about 3-4 hours, and music is a good 8 hours of playback time. Using this thing as a media player rocks! right now i have 9 full albums and 4 albums with select songs from them, and i still have around 20mb of space left. w/ a 1g you could double that. but its like double the price...:(

honestly to me its not a big deal at all though. changing music on this is Uber easy. just plug in the psp via USB cable (its one of those special kinds though, with one USB and the other is some sort of smaller connection.) and open the files and click and drag your music folders. you can either do it song by song or by albums and will sort it for you. you do the same thing with pictures and movies i asume. i dont know how to put movies on here yet.

The only draw backs to these machines is some of the small problems you may encounter when you buy one. alot of them will have dead pixels. mine has two. :( it doesnt bother me though. and some people have claimed that their PSP's have sticky buttons, loose UMD drives, loose eject buttons, sometimes there system would just go out and not turn on anymore (bad hard drives). mine has two dead pixels and it does seem like my eject button is loose. but thats what warranties are for. :D

anyway, i would highly reccomend one, just make sure you get a warranty with it so if you find something wrong you can easliy take it back. nothing worse that getting a unit with 12 dead pixels, or a sticky R or L button. lame...

sorry this was so long.

-rob-

• Members

Originally posted by Sacred Cow

love my PSP. the only thing i would change is the battery life (4-6 hours) but from what i understand they're coming out with a longer lasting battery.

i have one dead pixel but its really hard to see even when you're looking for it. if you get a warranty they'll replace the unit for you anyways.

i just got a 1gig card for my b-day but i haven't had a chance to really use it. i need to get a usb cable so i can transfer movies and mp3s to it. the video playback is pretty damn good and the music with headphones is surprisingly clear.

to convert videos check out
www.pspvideo9.com.
its completely free and is pretty easy to use.

if you get one, buy Lumines. its worse then crack.

yeah, lumines is really ridiculous. haha, i love that game. My boss and two of my co-workers all have that game and on slow days we'll sit around and just play play play. haha.

have you tried Metal Gear Acid? freaken awesome.

My blockbuster was havin a deal that if you trade in any 3 x-box/ps-2/or gamecube game you can get any used game for 5 bucks. and i just happened to find a used copy of MGA there for 35$ which i got for 5$. WOOT! ps- the 3 games i traded it were worth only like 2$ a piece. lol.

-rob-

• Members

thanks for all the info guys... I am thinking that the offer I have for a PSP and Tiger Woods for $200 is likely a good deal.

Have you seen this portable charger thing

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8194557846&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was thinking that it might be good for the long ariplane trips from Korea to Canada

• Members

thanks for all the info guys... I am thinking that the offer I have for a PSP and Tiger Woods for $200 is likely a good deal.

Have you seen this portable charger thing

I was thinking that it might be good for the long ariplane trips from Korea to Canada

Hadn't seen that, thanks!

Archived