Band Sites: Guest Books, Forum and Similar Stuff

Thunderbroom

• Members

Forums are a pain unless someone else is administering/moderating them.

I never understood the utility of a guestbook.

Stick with an e-newsletter. If someone replies to you with something funny or interesting, blog it on the front page of your 'site.

Everything else is a hassle.

• Members

MySpace is a great idea.

www.myspace.com/tk421band

But I also like the forum idea if you can keep enough fans there to keep it going. We actually started a Yahoo group to serve as our "forum". Eventually we are going to do a website re-design and include the forum on our own site, but for now the Yahoo group is working just fine.

TB - If you do look into a forum, give www.band-boards.com a look. A friend of mine designed that site specifically for bands needing forums, but who don't want the hassle of upkeep.

• Members

We, Ashville, have a guestbook and a forum.

http://www.ashville.be/

The guestbook is for quick visitors. A very easy way to quickly deliver a message.

We use the forum as an easy way to update the news page on our website. No hassle with HTML editing and all. All new posts in the 'news' subsection are automaticly posted on the news page on the site. The forum is configurated that only band members can make new posts in the news area...

Anyways... me and our lead guitarist are both web and graphic designers. It helps.

Archived