I know this is always asked but what would you recomend

Super_Donut_Man

• Members

I am definately getting an Avatar 2x12

but as for another bass

I was thinking of a Fender Jazz, fretless (four string)

But that ain't for sure, any other recomendations as to something around the same price range. I play just about anything except modern country so I am looking for diversity. I would say max $550 thanks

• Members

Originally posted by burdizzos

Since you know that it is always aked, you should know that you need to mention what you already have.

;)

Balls I knew I forgot something. I gots a GK 700 rb, a peavey 1x15 which I will sell (just not doin it for me), and a peavey grind 5er.

• Members

Lines or no?

I'm taking to my new fretless quite well. Part of it is I played URB for a long time. But also, it has no lines, but it has side dots for the major markers (3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15...) The dots are located right on where the fret would be located, not the standard spot of in between as if it had frets. Works good. The side's easy to see, the fretboard not always. So, if you like the looks of no lines, see if you can get side dots, at least the major ones.

• Members

Have you added new pickups to the Peavey Grind yet?

That's the first thing that I would do. that will get you beter sound at a lower price point.

If you want a fretless, do you want lines with that?

To answer

1)No

2)Never thought of that, that is a great idea

3)Yes, because I would be lost. Eventually no though. Side dots also may be a solution to the lines, cause I am not a huge fan of lines

What would be a good replacement for them. I don't know what is in them, but here is a link

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=102/g=bass/search/detail/base_pid/511362/

• Members

I put a pair in my Grind 6 and they sounded bad ass.

As for the fretless, you can't go wrong with a Fender Jazz.

But, for my dime, I'd go with a Dean Edge or a Yamaha BB.

Hmmmmmm. That will require some thinking, I'm kinda sceptical on buying anything from ebay, but that does look promising. (its a personal thing anyways)

What is the playability of those other two as compared to other basses? (like the jazz)

• Members

I like Dean Basses a whole bunch.

BUT, try to go play one first. (it had to be said)

I don't think the Dean neck is quite as thin as teh Fender Jazz neck, but if you're playing a Grind 5, the neck should feel pretty good to you.

• Members

My fretless F bass had dots and lines on the side with a blank fingerboard. (well almost - it had offset dots on the treble side after the 12th fret) I'm sure there must be others out there doing the same thing. Really, there is no need to be looking at the fingerboard when you are playing.

• Members

Originally posted by james on bass

My fretless F bass had dots and lines on the side with a blank fingerboard. (well almost - it had offset dots on the treble side after the 12th fret) I'm sure there must be others out there doing the same thing. Really, there is no need to be looking at the fingerboard when you are playing.

That is true, but when practicing while sitting, it could help. But yeah as long as there are atleast some markings to guide me is all. I would prefer to have a completely blank fretboard. Would you recomend yours?

• Members
Originally posted by james on bass

I was just about to reccomend this, BUT it's way off the price point. Basses don't get any finer, though.

Archived