Picking up Henry tomorrow...

Phantasm

• Members

I'm buying a Henry 8x8 from a friend tomorrow. I've read plenty of great reviews (including one by Jazz Ad) but I haven't actually been able to play one (the guy's a friend but he lives in another town.) I like things less boomy and more punchy, so it sounds like this is right up my alley.

I don't usually buy only on reputation, but he's offering a total friend price so I figure if I don't like it and it doesn't work out, I can pack it up and ship it off to a loving home without loss.

I'll post my impressions tomorrow night. I'll have a practice with it so I should have more of an opinion by then!

• Members

Originally posted by My bass in your face

Oh! I was on the verge to buy one of those. Then the Goliath SR came along. I chose the SR since it's power rating is about twice as big. I still have a bit of Henry-GAS though.

Rock out Dan!

Yes, I shall rock!!!

• Members

Yep, works as advertised. Smoothed out the high end clank, cut the low end boom, and made things tight and punchy. I played a whole rehearsal with it and enjoyed it a lot. Definately worth $300!

Paired up really good with the Bass 350. Handled the low B without any problem.

Here's a picture of the setup I used tonight (with the new 8x8):

henry.jpg

And just for fun, here's a picture of the whole bass gear family living outside in the studio!

bassfamily.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by timmerz

{clutches heart and spasmodically staggers to fridge for soothing tonic}

Dude!!

You have 'WAY too much good stuff there!!

Thanks... Ironically, I bought almost everything you see there used and while I was in college dirt poor!

• Members

Originally posted by Phantasm

Yep, I might pick that up tonight too! Depends on how late our gig runs.

The gig ran until 1am and Barnes and Noble was closed... so I went slumming and picked it up from Wal-Mart!

Archived