anybody got a gig contract form handy..

chris dax

• Members

good news...my Doobie Brothers cover band Blackwater is starting to book gigs....but these are actual legit corporate/conference type gigs where you need a contract, as opposed to the usual dive bar my blues band plays in.

So we've made a verbal contract for an October gig but need a form of contract....

any help would be very much appreciated...c-d

• Members

Like this ?

I've never used it, mind you.

It comes from a friend of mine.

We exchanged french and US contracts to compare them.

That's what he uses.

Sorry for text format, stupid uploader won't accept .RTF

Appearance Agreement

THIS AGREEMENT is entered into this __ day of ________ 200__, by and between the Performance Group (

• Members

Originally posted by rovito

I'll fax you one tomorrow if you give me your fax number.

Rovito - thanks man, that would be great. To pull this off, please include a cover sheet and address it to Anne-Wesley Roberts, Alumni Relations Coordinator

fax 303.871.6498 Thanks a million

Jazz - that looks like a very solid contract...I've saved it and will review it for our purposes. Thank you very much

Rowka Those look like very useful links. I have them bookmarked for this project and future reference.....

Guys I think I'm all set....once again HCBF ROCKS ...c-d

• Members

Chris -

If you guys are doing Doobies songs for profit, have you cleared everything with ASCAP/BMI? I think there's some financial liability there.

Something to think about, especially the bigger your profile gets in getting gigs.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by takeout

Chris -

If you guys are doing Doobies songs for profit, have you cleared everything with ASCAP/BMI? I think there's some financial liability there.

Something to think about, especially the bigger your profile gets in getting gigs.

It is generally accepted that the venue is responsible for securing the needed licensing. That's part of the contract....see Jazz's sample, Item #10. The normal rule of thumb is that if you're putting on the show or own the venue, it's your job to get the licensing. If you're hired, it's the responsibility of whoever hired you.

• Members
Originally posted by Craigv

It is generally accepted that the venue is responsible for securing the needed licensing. That's part of the contract....see Jazz's sample, Item #10. The normal rule of thumb is that if you're putting on the show or own the venue, it's your job to get the licensing. If you're hired, it's the responsibility of whoever hired you.

Good to know.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

I'm going to actually read the contract today. Thanks for the heads up and input you guys....

anyone else, feel free to chime in with any advice, comments, how you got burned last time, how you avoided getting burned....anything at all that you think is relevant.....c-d

• CMS Author

Note that Jazz's sample does not mention who provides any/all sound reinforcement gear. This is sometimes mentioned in the contract as a rider which is attached and part of the contract, or it can simply be written in if it's simple, like you're going to provide everything. Having said that, be careful....too much is no good sometimes too. You don't want to show up with a giant rented PA and find only a tiny corner to set up.

Above all, do not rely on the contract to do your dirty work. It is imperative that someone front the show....look at the stage, the load-in, the parking, where are the outlets and what can you plug into and where's the breaker panel. Talk to the LIC (Lady in Charge) and get a feel for their expectations and whether there may be trouble. Most importantly, do not deviate from agreements for payment. I would recommend that you take 50% a month prior, and insist on cash at load-in before the show. Once they've established themselves as reliable, accept the second half at the end of the show. Contracts are fine, but the Court is not a collection agency......

• Members

Originally posted by chris dax

good news...my Doobie Brothers cover band
is starting to book gigs....but these are actual legit corporate/conference type gigs where you need a contract, ...

any help would be very much appreciated...c-d

--------------------------

Abxurd's website has some good examples.

http://www.nextexitrocks.com/contracts.cfm

rar

Archived