electric stand-up bass

Misery Synod

• Members

Originally posted by bassman1956

bnyswonger, what model is that?

It's a 5 string Clevinger Opus - highly customized... :cool:

It's got a single coil magnetic pickup, switchable to separate outputs for the mag & the bridge, plus a few other goodies. Expensive & worth it.

The NS bass is very nice too - I prefer the Clevinger because it's not tied to a stand and playing ergonomics.

• Members

Originally posted by bnyswonger

The NS bass is very nice too - I prefer the Clevinger because it's not tied to a stand and playing ergonomics.

Yeah, I see that. The rigid stands give me the willies just looking at them. So, is that long peg on the Clev more like an upright for balancing and positioning while playing? Sure looks it.

• Members

Originally posted by bassman1956

Yeah, I see that. The rigid stands give me the willies just looking at them. So, is that long peg on the Clev more like an upright for balancing and positioning while playing? Sure looks it.

Exactly. There's also a rubber coated detachable "bout" that comes out the back so if feels like your playing a real upright as far as balance and postion. I'll try to find a pic that shows it better...

OK - you can see the bout if you look closely coming off the left side...

215DCP04333-med.JPG

I'd be totally lost without it.

• Members

Originally posted by bnyswonger

Exactly. There's also a rubber coated detachable "bout" that comes out the back so if feels like your playing a real upright as far as balance and postion. I'll try to find a pic that shows it better...

OK - you can see the bout if you look closely coming off the left side...

215DCP04333-med.JPG

I'd be totally lost without it.

:cool:

cool keys. my lowrey organ went kaput. dunno what to do...fuse or something i guess.

• Members

Whoah! Sweet 2600!

I used to have Messenger UEB and I think my Juzek was so much nicer of a bass. my messenger just didn't have the resonance I was looking for in an upright sound.

Originally posted by Brocktoon

:cool:

cool keys. my lowrey organ went kaput. dunno what to do...fuse or something i guess.

Archived