For people who like Macs

TheDude15k

• Members

Finally got my new Mac!! 15" powerbook G4 1.67 G4 processor, this thing is pretty rockin!!! This is my second unfortunantly, the first one i had ordered had a bad disc drive that didnt work so i sent it back and got a new one from Comp USA here in town, just in case i have a problem with it i dont have to ship it out again.

But whats even more rockin is that right now im at Barnes and Nobels bookstore on HCBF!!!! i decided to try out the airport internal wireless card on it. It sucks that you have to pay a little to be on a hotspot, but just trying it out is pretty cool. i could see myself comming here everyonce in a while to use this. i have like 5 magazines in front of me, while chillin online lookin through here. its like im home away from home. hehehe, anyway, just thought id share my happiness to yall!! peace! :)

-Rob-

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

Apples are sweet!
:)

Did yours come with the iLife package and Garage Band 2?

Yeah it did. Garage Band 2 is actually pretty decent. But i was at starbucks the other night and i saw some guy using a mac, so i decided to ask him some questions i had and we ended up chatting for a while and it turns out he was a musician and did some recording. anywho, he had Logic pro, and Reason on his computer, not to mention Final Cut HD, which he happily burned onto a DVD for me. haha. i havent installed them yet. im gonna wait to make sure my computer is doing good and until my 21 days are up for return at comp usa in case something is wrong with it and i have to exchange it. but yeah, thats totally gonna rock. and the i life package is pretty smokin too. the new finder tool is pretty cool and fast for finding files on your comp. i like it alot. :)

-rob-

• Members

they are totally bad ass. what kind do you want? i think my next one will be a PowerMac G5. but im not sure yet, i think i might stick with PC's for desktop and keep the Macs for laptops...but the powermacs are nice though...

-rob-

• Members

Kick ass! i just bought an iBook G4 last week and as i'm posting from it now i have to say it KICKS SOME SERIOUS ASS. i've been working on and fixing Macs for for school about 2 years now, but this is the first i've actually owned.

now, i demand that you:

Download Camino (Mozilla's OS X-native browser)

Get Cocktail

repair your permissions!

• Members

Originally posted by bikehorn

Kick ass! i just bought an iBook G4 last week and as i'm posting from it now i have to say it KICKS SOME SERIOUS ASS. i've been working on and fixing Macs for for school about 2 years now, but this is the first i've actually owned.

now, i demand that you:

repair your permissions!

Is that really necessary on a Mac though? I've heard Safari kicks ass as is.

• Members
Originally posted by sunburstbasser

Is that really necessary on a Mac though? I've heard Safari kicks ass as is.

i like Safari 2.0 and it is awesome. i do still like Camino a lot though. doesn't have built in RSS(yet) and it doesn't have a billion cool extensions like Firefox, but it's beautiful, smooth, fast and has the best tabbed-browsing function out of all of them, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by bikehorn

i like Safari 2.0 and it
is
awesome. i do still like Camino a lot though. doesn't have built in RSS(yet) and it doesn't have a billion cool extensions like Firefox, but it's beautiful, smooth, fast and has the best tabbed-browsing function out of all of them, IMO.

Of course, compared to the default Windows browser, nothing can be THAT bad!

• Members

I've had an Imac G4 for almost 2 years- the one that has the monitor attached to a swinging arm, not the new one. I just bought the 12" Ibook G4 and love it too for traveling and using in my house wirelessly-

I haven't had a virus or anything in almost 2 years with the Imac- it also has never locked up on me or done anything but work like it should

You really should buy an Airport Express- i think they are $129- then you can have wireless in your house-

I love sitting at the kitchen table or on the couch, or in my bedroom and being online.

I use an Mbox with Pro Tools LE on my Imac and it has worked awesome- I did upgrade the RAM to 768 MB which makes a lot of difference

Archived