Here's a new one...

MrJoshua

• Members

Breakdown

:) Let me know what you think! This will, as always, sound better once it's being played by an actual drummer, singer, and guitarist, instead of just me overdubbing. But it's the first I've recorded with my new drum mics, and I'm happy about how it came out.

Oh, and in case I hadn't posted this one yet:

Stargazer (Dreaming Child)

• Members

Sounding pretty good. Not a bad job overdubbing all that, it almost sounds like a real production.

The first thing I notice is the bassline, of course. It could stand to be a bit... more. Throw in some more variations/fills in that main drone part. I think the droning thing fits, but it doesn't have to stay as that. Perhaps in the last few bars before each chorus you could do some extended fills/ walking to build up some tension, because that chorus has a nice adrenaline release potential thing going. I also had a natural feeling for the song to end with some soloing/jam out thing after the last chorus rather than have it end right there. It makes the song more complete, I think, and it would make that guitar solo more suiting, rather than just sticking it right in there for the sake of a guitar solo.

Pretty cool you've done it all yourself though. Good work.

• Members

I'm not very happy with the guitar solo - I don't think it fits very well. But it will be better after our actual guitarist gets hold of it. :) I put this together mainly as a way to let the rest of the band hear it. I like the idea of adding a bit to the bassline, though - walking up toward the chorus is a good idea, IMO. I'll try that.

Archived