a long overdue: SHUT THE HELL UP! award....

sheepdog

• Members

and the winner is:

T.O.

I hate the eagles, but I am cheering for them to win the superbowl this year (without TO) just so they can shove it in his face.

no pictures or links. I don't want to give him any more press than absolutely necessary.

• Members

Go steelers! they really exposed philly's special (ed) teams last night. Although in all fairness, the eagles are starting to clean up their act. First by getting rid of that douch Mitchell, and now by sticking it to T.O. Still, I've never met an Eagles fan I've liked

• Members

Remember when athletes would say:

I'm just happy to be here and the good Lord willing things will work out.

You gotta play them one game at a time

I just hope that I can help the team

Remember humble athletes who realized they were getting paid to play a game? Folks like T.O. really make me want to never watch an NFL game again.

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

Remember when athletes would say:

I'm just happy to be here and the good Lord willing things will work out.

You gotta play them one game at a time

I just hope that I can help the team

Remember humble athletes who realized they were getting paid to play a game? Folks like T.O. really make me want to never watch an NFL game again.

While their is no excuse for some athletes to sometimes act the way they do, you've got to understand that things are different now than what they used to be. Sports is a multi billion dollar industry. Sure it can be argued that these athletes get paid too much but I see things differently.

Their is such competition out there with teams drafting players, and they seem to be getting younger and younger which opens up the pool to yet more talent. These players are "bred" and train to play these games, unlike the players of old. Lets use football for an example because that's what the thread is based on. How long does a player last in the NFL? Sure it's different for each position and their have been cases of some playing well beyond their years. But at most I'd say someone lasts 10 years. The amount of stress and training that goes into maintaining your physical health is borderline psychotic, so in my opinion yea they deserve the millions they get.

Now take everything that I said and add a "ghetto" (which seems to be prevalent nowadays, thanks TV) and you get situations like what's going on with T.O.. The guy was trouble to begin with and everyone knew it, hell I'm an Eagles fan and I knew something like this was going to happen.

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

Sure their career is short but even if they play for 2-3 years and make $500,000 per year (and I think that is pretty average annual salary) that is about $1-1.5 million. That is more than most people will make in their entire working life.

Most people do make that in a life time. A million dollars is not as much as you think it is.

They are being paid for their talent and putting their bodies through hell while continuing to perform.

• Members

Originally posted by LeBraniac

Say what you want to, but TO looked like the only Eagle that even showed up to play in the Super Bowl. He is a player. Without him the Eagles won't go two games deep into the playoffs this season.

McNabb threw for almost 350 yards. Westbrook was responsible for over 100 yards.

I hope T.O. gets back to playing. He is in the beginning of his contract and already wants more? Come on, go out there and play!

• Members

Originally posted by illidian

I hope T.O. gets back to playing. He is in the beginning of his contract and already wants more? Come on, go out there and play!

I dunno, TO's a top 10 player and I think that he deserves a top 10 salary. As it sits right now, I'd be surprised if he even made the top 30. I think that he's justified in asking for more money but he's also a butthead for signing the contract in the first place and acting out the way that he is now.

• Members

One caller on local talk radio had a really good point the other day...

If it's all about money with this guy, he's the dumbest player ever. All this bitching and complaining has all but kept him away from millions in endorsement money. The greatest players make {censored} for salary compared to their endorsement money. If TO wasn't such a dumb-ass douche he wouldn't throw the endorsement money away by acting the way he does.

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

One caller on local talk radio had a really good point the other day...

If it's all about money with this guy, he's the dumbest player ever. All this bitching and complaining has all but kept him away from millions in endorsement money. The greatest players make {censored} for salary compared to their endorsement money. If TO wasn't such a dumb-ass douche he wouldn't throw the endorsement money away by acting the way he does.

Maybe he can get an endorsement deal with Massingil. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by catphish

Sorry gang. No swearing in titles....with or with out the *.

Read the forum rules.

thanks

feel free to delete it. with all the bull{censored} thrown around on this forum, I figured "F*CK" was the least of our worries.

• Members

Originally posted by sheepdog

feel free to delete it. with all the bull{censored} thrown around on this forum, I figured "F*CK" was the least of our worries.

nah, I think TO is a jag bag.

BS isn't against the forum rules, but cursing in the titles is. With new management in town, I'd rather not risk it.

• Members

Originally posted by LeBraniac

I'm glad you remember those stats. I hope you find them comforting when the playoffs begin and the Eagles have flown home. Owners cut players left and right before their contracts are completed.

I don't remember them, they were announced during yesterday's game. I'm not a huge Eagles fan, but I like their offense - with or without T.O.

Originally posted by Emprov

I dunno, TO's a top 10 player and I think that he deserves a top 10 salary. As it sits right now, I'd be surprised if he even made the top 30. I think that he's justified in asking for more money but he's also a butthead for signing the contract in the first place and acting out the way that he is now.

ESPN said he was third highest paid in the league on some show I was watching last week. :confused:

Isn't this the first (second?) year of his contract anyway, part of a seven-year deal?

Archived