Court Sucks!

zachoff

• Members

Originally posted by kilmister

I don't think 12StringThunder and I have a problem with venting. He's saying he's fine with his experiences and I've never had a ticket to DEAL with.

Again, my wife has a clean record and I don't. She gets pulled over and drives like a madman. I drive like a grandma. Why does she get off for doing things that are pretty blantantly illegal and I get popped for all of the "on the fence" type tickets? It's the lack of consistancy that's displayed by cops in my case and yes, I'll vent about it from time to time.

• Members

Last year, I had just returned from a long weekend with my father-in-law and I was pretty well out of it when I was driving home. I got pulled over doing 75 in a 55. I was super pissed at MYSELF because there's no way someone who's job is dependent on writing speeding tickets is going to look the other way on that one.

When I got to court, I became pissed at the pig as well. Every person who received a ticket from him was in the 19-22 mph over range. Every person with tits got a 19 over, every person with a dick got the 20 or better over, which is reckless driving in VA. I was the last person on that particular pig's list so I sat through all of them. Fortunately, I had the forsight to enter into a driver's improvement course before my court appearance, so it got knocked down anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Again, my wife has a clean record and I don't. She gets pulled over and drives like a madman. I drive like a grandma. Why does she get off for doing things that are pretty blantantly illegal and I get popped for all of the "on the fence" type tickets? It's the lack of consistancy that's displayed by cops in my case and yes, I'll vent about it from time to time.

My wifes gotten plenty of tickets. I have no pitty because I've seen the way she drives. I keep tellin' her to show some leg like I do:D

• Members

Originally posted by kilmister

By the way, 12StringThunder, I don't mean to put words in your mouth. It's just an observation.
:)

no problem.

Also the police are human also and due to that they make judgement calls on their own personal experience and they are falable also. Just because they are police and in a position of authority doesnt mean that they are going to be 100% correct all the time. if they were they would be robots and then there would be more bitching and rants about that.

just because one person gets caught and ten others dont doesnt always mean that the one was being singled out for any partictular reason, they just were the ones to be caught. Law enforcement has to use their own judgement on many things all the time.

and about the wife who doesnt get tickets but gets pulled over all the time well she just seems to be a good talker probably, hope she is in sales:)

all I'm saying though is if you do something wrong weather you believe it is wrong or not, if it is wrong accept the responcibilities.

• Members

Originally posted by 12StringThunder

...........well she just seems to be a goo talker probably, hope she is in sales:)

I wish my wife was a goo talker. Not bragging, but my wife's pretty hot and if she would just not be a bitch when she gets pulled over, I'd have a lot more money to spend on equipment.

• Members

Originally posted by 12StringThunder

all I'm saying though is if you do something wrong weather you believe it is wrong or not, if it is wrong accept the responcibilities.

But there are times that people get punished for doing what they honestly feel was right or appropriate given the situation. You don't know my particular situations so you're not really qualified to critique. Suffice to say that I've gotten quite a few really bum tickets and I'm still a little bitter about it.

And my wife's in marketing, she couldn't sell cigarettes to a chain smoker. She doesn't sweet talk or anything either. I guess she just comes off as really innocent or something, I can't figure it out. The thing that really pisses me off though is that she actutally things that she's a safer driver than I am. She's a lunatic on the road! :D

• Members

This thread reminds me why I don't like to drive as much as I used to. :( Too many people who try to cut corners and feel they don't have to wait in line in traffic when everybody else is waiting. Yeah, I agree it pissed me off to see someone cutting to the right shoulder. It ain't a lane, don't drive on it! I do feel your pain zachoff cause I got nailed for a bunch of tickets a few years ago and even got a letter from the State that said one more and I get to go to driving school! A couple of them were 100% more BS tickets that have been posted here but hey, don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine. I was forced to change my driving habits and have been ticket free for about 4 years now. As far as self-appointed "highway vigilantes" you are also part of the problem. Tons of wrecks are caused from road rage. I wish everyone would just chill! You will get there, may be a few minutes later than you wished it would be but it ain't worth the risks of injury to be doing stupid assed stuff with 2 tons of steel going 65mph. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Monkabutt

This thread reminds me why I don't like to drive as much as I used to.
:(
Too many people who try to cut corners and feel they don't have to wait in line in traffic when everybody else is waiting. Yeah, I agree it pissed me off to see someone cutting to the right shoulder. It ain't a lane, don't drive on it! I do feel your pain zachoff cause I got nailed for a bunch of tickets a few years ago and even got a letter from the State that said one more and I get to go to driving school! A couple of them were 100% more BS tickets that have been posted here but hey, don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine. I was forced to change my driving habits and have been ticket free for about 4 years now. As far as self-appointed "highway vigilantes" you are also part of the problem. Tons of wrecks are caused from road rage. I wish everyone would just chill! You will get there, may be a few minutes later than you wished it would be but it ain't worth the risks of injury to be doing stupid assed stuff with 2 tons of steel going 65mph.
:)

thank you!!! on the road rage thing, you see my point exactly.

• Members

OK, want to here my BS tickets? I was coming home from a gig one night about 3:00am. Came to an intersection needing to turn left. There was a left turn light that was red so I stopped. I had my gear uncovered in the back of my truck and it was starting to rain and I was less than 5 minutes from my house. The lights in the intersection cycled thru one time and still my left turn light stayed red. Then another cycle, then another, then another for a total of 4 cycles of the lights and still my left turn lane stayed red. When the straight lane turned green for the 5th time (and my left turn stayed red) I looked both ways, not a car or human in sight in any direction, and went thru the light. Cop as sitting at the gas station across the street! :mad: Pulled me over and gave me a $132 ticket for running a red light. Not matter that I had sat thru 4 cycles of the light, no matter that my gear was getting rained on in the back, no matter that there was no one else on the road in a car or on foot. Just a ticket.

• Members

Monabutt, I got one of those on a Motorcycle at 2:30AM. I was on a CBR 600 and went back and forth multiple times trying to trip the light switch. I was there for like 10 minutes because I saw a cop watching me. Finally went as I hadn't seen another car, person, motorcycle, whatever on the road. As soon as I went, bam! Don't remember the total but that's just wrong!

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Monabutt, I got one of those on a Motorcycle at 2:30AM. I was on a CBR 600 and went back and forth multiple times trying to trip the light switch. I was there for like 10 minutes because I saw a cop watching me. Finally went as I hadn't seen another car, person, motorcycle, whatever on the road. As soon as I went, bam! Don't remember the total but that's just wrong!

I've not been caught for doing that... Yet. The only times I do it are when I can absolutely see no headlinght and I've been there for far too long, but still. This is another piece of traffic bull{censored} that drives me nuts. In Denver, a lot of the lights flash yellow and flash red in the other direction, which is nice. Yeah, you have to stop at all of them but not for very long... That and the main streets are flashing yellow so you don't have to stop. I wish they'd do this everywhere it would be safe.

Archived