I'm so P-O'd - I got screwed

78pbass

• Members

See this thread for reference: http://ebassist.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=38615

I am trying to get my Sea Doo back on the water so I answer an ad on PWCToday.com. This azzhole is parting out a 92 Sea Doo XP Click here for link. Takes my $273.62 and runs like the ****ing thief he is.

here's the commumication log (with the salutations cut out for space)

This transaction begins with a Q&A session on the engine and electronic box I am buying from him before arriving at this message:

SELLER - Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:44:48 -0400

This will be ready to ship out to you this afternoon. Assuming you get this email, and paypal the funds before about 4pm, I should be able to get this shipped out tonight,otherwise I will make sure it goes by Monday.

***FUNDS SENT*** (well before the 4pm deadline)

BUYER - 8/14 mid-day

Hey Eric,

I hadn't heard anything since I sent funds, Is everything cool?

let me know when the parts get sent.

Thanks!

Corey

***NO RESPONSE***

BUYER - 8/16/05

Hey Eric, I haven't heard from you on my last few emails which is making me a bit uncomfortable. Please reply with a status (even if the items are unshipped and such) just so I can see where we are at.

SELLER - August 16, 2005 9:45 AM

hey...I'm really sorry...I got backed up in work, which severely backed up everything else. I dropped the parts off late last night for shipment, they should be going out today. eric

BUYER - August 18, 2005 12:13 PM

Eric, Do you have the tracking number for the box in the event of delay?

BUYER - 2005-08-22 at 09:26

Eric, I still haven't seen a package or a tracking number. Please reply with a ship number so I can see when to expect delivery.

SELLER - August 23, 2005 12:21 AM

I'm sorry....I've been so busy lately that I haven't been keeping up on email. I'll get the number when I get back to the office tomorrow.

Buyer - 8/25/2005 8:08 AM

I know you are busy, and I truly understand how demanding some buyers can be but please understand my position on this transaction.....on Aug 12th I submitted funds, nearly two weeks ago, and still no package or tracking info or any concrete measure giving me confidence.

This is now my third request for tracking info (Thursday 8-18, 12:13 PM; Monday 08-22, 09:26 AM). Please reply ASAP.

I then lodge a complaint with Paypal, wat 2 weeks to get this message:

We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $23.32 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.

Now I am out $250, a 580 bottom end and electronic box. I'm so pissed.

• Members

So far so good...

Mr. XXXX,

I have received an Internet Fraud Complaint from a Mr. ***** in Texas who claims he has paid you for Merchandise ordered via an Internet Forum. Please comply with your initial agreement, and or a Felony Complaint may be opened by this Police Department and a Warrant Sought for your arrest. Any questions can be directed to myself at the email or phone number listed below. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated. Below is a copy of the complaint filed against you.

D**E R***H

Detective

City of **** Police Department

Lessee if the words Felony and Warrant mean anything to him

Archived