8x8 Yorkville cab?

james on bass

• Members

I know, I know. I've posted on the weekend saying how happy I am with my gear, but I went to the guitar shop this morning since I was in town and looked at the Yorkville 8x8 again.

I've been thinking about adding a 2x10 cabinet to my existing 410 rig, so I have a fuller sound, and a smaller cabinet to lug around for rehearsals or really small rooms.

Now I'm thinking, maybe I should just use the money I am saving for a 210 and trade in my 410 and get the 8x8 rig?

I play rock with a 5 string. From the store experience, the Yorkie handles the 5 pretty good, and hopefully users on here will chime in.

• Members

The only problem I can see is that if you were wanting a smaller cab for practices or anything where you don't want to haul something large around, getting an 8x8 will leave you with just one cab - no matter how small a gig or practice it is.

Of course, you could always get the 8x8 and then get a cheap 1x12... ;)

Dustin

• Members

Originally posted by i_wanna_les_paul

The only problem I can see is that if you were wanting a smaller cab for practices or anything where you don't want to haul something large around, getting an 8x8 will leave you with just one cab - no matter how small a gig or practice it is.

Of course, you could always get the 8x8 and then get a cheap 1x12...
;)

Dustin

a 1x12 would be awesome as well, but trying to get another piece of equipment past the wife would be a real chore!;)

My thoughts were that with a 410 & 210, I would have the smaller cab for practices, but more than likely would be taking both to most (all) gigs. The 8x8 is definitely bigger but has casters, and it would only be one trip from the car instead of 2.

I'm really not sure what to do.

Archived