Thinking about buying a Lakland Joe Osborn... anybody got one?

Caroway

• Members

I am thinking about buying Lakland Joe Osborn Sig (Skyline series)... anybody have any experience with them?

I played a Bob Glaub a few years ago, but I want a cool jazz bass and don't want to buy a Fender even though the Geddy Lee is sweet.

Anyone?

• Members

Originally posted by bassplayer7770

I believe degroove has the U.S. Joe Osborn model...

Yes I do, Yes I do!

And Yes, the Skyline has sublte differences in build and feel than the USA, but they are comparable in tone.

If I got a Lakland P Glaub, it would be a Skyline.

I got a USA cause it was an engagement present :thu:

So, let me know if you have any questions.

• Members

Originally posted by Caroway

I will.

I love my G&L sb-2 but I want a Jazz.

I'd also love to get a US Bob Glaub p/j one day.

When I was auditioning basses, the GandL was the only runner up in myopinion to the Joe Osbourne. I really liked the JB2.

I am not a big P-J config fan.

The Glaub P/J would be phat. The Legend looks cool too.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hi, my name is Monkabutt and I'm a Lakland addict. :D

I have a US JO, a US Bob Glaub, a US 55-94 and a Daryl Jones Skyline. The US JO and Glaub are soooo very nice. The Fralin pickups have a great vintage tone. The workmanship on both the US models is first rate. The DJ is also very nice but different than the JO. The level of finish and workmanship is excellent but maybe not up to the US level, but very close. The Aero pickups on the DJ are must more aggressive and modern sounding wereas the Fralins on the JO are a bit more vintage without a bit of the high end sizzle. I special ordered my JO with a Glaub width neck since I have kind of big hands and Jazz necks feel a bit too thin for my tastes. For the vintage Jazz bass feel and tone the JO is probably a couple steps above anything Fender makes. I had owned about 6 Fender P basses and never found one that I was happy with but I love the Glaub. Owned 3-4 Fender Jazz basses and like the JO and the DJ better than any of them. I own 4 Laklands and zero Fenders. That tells me something.:thu:

• Members

Laklands are awesome.

I've played a 55-02.

My local shop has two 55-02 basses, and two 55-01 basses.

I need to get out there. I was reluctant to play a 55-01 last time (at that time they only had a 55-01 and a 55-02), but I've heard it's more aggressive than the 55-02, which was my only beef with it.

You cannot go wrong with a Lakland.

Archived