Matt Pulcinella Level 5 .... Should I ???

ZenMoto

• Members

Looking for a nice 5 with medium to wide string spacing and soapbars...I found a M.P. Level 5 that looks really interesting to me but have no experience with them...It has caught my eye though... Are these things as nice as they look ?... Who's got one or had experience...It's such an odd bird... I'll never get to play one first unless so I may have to take a chance... I've been looking for a used Pedulla, Tobias, Roscoe, MTD...How does the Matt Pulcinella stuff compare to these ???...Looking used of course...As usual 14 karat taste and a sterling silver pocket book...eBay is kinda slim pickins for me right now. Any ideas out there...

• Members

That doesn't look like a bad instrument at all.

Have you looked at Cort's Artisan series? Probably not quite as nice and certainly fewer options but a lot cheaper too. The A5 will have pretty much all the features you've mentioned. Its a neck-thru, lots of maple, Bartolini Mk. 1 soapbars and preamp with a passive option, same tuners as the Pulcinella and a very similar bridge. Suggested price, new, is $1150 US but they show up used fairly often on Ebay for well under $1000.

http://www.cort.com/basses/artisan/index.html

Theres the link to the manufacturer's page. It might save you a few dollars. There is also an Ibanez version (95% the same), the SR 905 I believe.

• Members

I've scoped out the up level Ibanez BTB's...The import bases don't do as much for me...I know there are some nice options out there with them though...Pehaps it's my Motor City "buy american" roots or my concerns about resale value because I'm such a "gasser" sometimes... I constnatly buy , sell and trade my way into new gear searching for the perfect set-up...The Level 5 for about $1K used looks allot tastier to me than some basses I've seen used at twice that.

Lev5NaturalEMGs

Archived