SWR 16ohm 10", got one?

johng

• Members

I just came back from the MF warehouse with a 8ohm SWR Goliath Junior 2-10. Anyone know where to get one replacement 16ohm driver? Or, two substitute drivers? I paid $75 for the cabinet and the box is probably worth that. One of the magnets fell off a driver in freight. The rest of it is perfect.

TIA, John...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Craigv

So you have one good driver and one's bad, but still there? Get it reconed. If you don't have a good reconer in the area, contact agedhorse for recommendations.

According to his post, the magnet fell off completely. There's a little more involved than just a recone job here.

Contact SWR, find out how much they want.

Contact Dave at Avatar and find out how much he wants for two Eminence Delta 10Bs. Or 10As if you want to make it a 4 ohm cab.

Go with whatever costs less.

• CMS Author

Originally posted by burdizzos

According to his post, the magnet fell off completely. There's a little more involved than just a recone job here.

Contact SWR, find out how much they want.

Contact Dave at Avatar and find out how much he wants for two Eminence Delta 10Bs. Or 10As if you want to make it a 4 ohm cab.

Go with whatever costs less.

Yeah, quite possibly more than a recone, but I figured my post would get some more specific info on what's left of that driver...assuming it's even still in the box at all.

Archived