let it snow

chris dax

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

Nah, but I really wish I had time to do that like the old days. I didn't even get a 4 pass this year.
:(

Don't feel so all alone. I have to have surgery on my shoulder in February, so I didn't buy one either.

With work, my bad shoulder and the band, I'm probably not going up at all this year...:mad:

C7

• Members

Originally posted by Crescent Seven

Don't feel so all alone. I have to have surgery on my shoulder in February, so I didn't buy one either.

With work, my bad shoulder and the band, I'm probably not going up at all this year...
:mad:
C7

My lack of riding in the last few years has been 100% attributable to a growing family and growing responsibilities. I can't say I'm bummed about it, but I miss riding every weekend for sure.

• Members

Originally posted by Emprov

Dang, it was around 70 today here in CA.

I just heard on the news trailer that the mountains west of Denver got 16" snow in the last 24 hours. I-70 is closed for 80 miles between Denver and Vail...

It's about time...we've had 70 degree weather as recently as a couple of days ago...

• Members

Dude, Missouri is like Colorado's dumpster for {censored}ty weather.

Kansas is the alley we park the dumpster in...

:D
C7

Actually, St. Joe is in a wierd little nitch and the worst of the weather usually goes around us. It either goes South and {censored}s up Kansas City traffic or goes North and closes down Maryville.

(For real fun, you should hear the Kansas City traffic reports the morning after the first snowfall! :D )

• Members

Originally posted by T-40

Actually, St. Joe is in a wierd little nitch and the worst of the weather usually goes around us. It either goes South and {censored}s up Kansas City traffic or goes North and closes down Maryville.

(For
real fun
, you should hear the Kansas City traffic reports the morning after the first snowfall!
)

Woah! My cousin is a teacher in St. Joe & both of my parents went to college in Maryville. This is the first I've heard of Maryville, so I thought I'd chime in. :D

• Members

(For
real fun
, you should hear the Kansas City traffic reports the morning after the first snowfall!
)

I got stuck in Mountain View, MO a couple of years ago because an ice storm completely shut down KC. I ended up having to break out into Kansas and drive through SE Kansas to Wichita, then north to Salina. I wound up losing my dad who get too far ahead of me, I slid off the road between Wichita and Salina, made my way to Hays, realized my dad had the $$$, so I took the $20 I had left, filled up the tank, bought a 12 pack of Dew and some Buzz Bombers, and drove back to Denver in a blizzard in a Corolla. Probably the stupidest thing I ever did. Took me 18 hours to get from Hays to Denver, and when I rolled into town I had been driving for close to 30 hours. :D

C7

• Members

I got stuck in Mountain View, MO a couple of years ago because an ice storm completely shut down KC. I ended up having to break out into Kansas and drive through SE Kansas to Wichita, then north to Salina. I wound up losing my dad who get too far ahead of me, I slid off the road between Wichita and Salina, made my way to Hays, realized my dad had the $$$, so I took the $20 I had left, filled up the tank, bought a 12 pack of Dew and some Buzz Bombers, and drove back to Denver in a blizzard in a Corolla. Probably the stupidest thing I ever did. Took me 18 hours to get from Hays to Denver, and when I rolled into town I had been driving for close to 30 hours.
C7

I'll bet it's a lot funnier now than it was back then, huh? :D

• Members

Originally posted by zachoff

My lack of riding in the last few years has been 100% attributable to a growing family and growing responsibilities. I can't say I'm bummed about it, but I miss riding every weekend for sure.

But when the kids get older you get to go riding witht hem which is cool!:thu:

Little Tyrol Basin west of Madison WI is making snow already on nights when it's below freezing. they hope to be open in a couple weeks....YES!

• Members

I'll bet it's a lot funnier now than it was back then, huh?

I took it all with a grain, I mean, if you're going to do something crazy out of desperation, you might as well do it with a smile on your face.

I was so jacked up on ephedrine and caffeine that I didn't know the difference anyways.

The {censored}ed up part was, we have family in Wichita, Lindsborg, Salina and Hutchinson, and my {censored}ing father was too stubborn to call them and ask if we could stay a night.

I even asked the guy at the hotel in Hays if he'd be willing to let me stay the night and pay by credit card the next day, and he was a dick about it, even though it was 15 degrees, and snowing about 3 inches an hour.

Oh yeah, and all I had was a hoodie and a baseball cap.

So yeah, much funnier in retrospect. My dad didn't show up for another full day; he parked at a rest area and got snowed in.:D

C7

Archived