Ben folds five

Narcosynthesis

• Members

The first album was a Hamer with P/J pickups, picked. Big Muff for the fuzz. Not sure of the amp.

Following record, he had an Epiphone Les Paul bass, same set-up.

I always enjoyed Robert Sledge's playing, even if it did seem like "lead bass" at times.

• Members

Originally posted by takeout

The first album was a Hamer with P/J pickups, picked. Big Muff for the fuzz. Not sure of the amp.

Following record, he had an Epiphone Les Paul bass, same set-up.

I always enjoyed Robert Sledge's playing, even if it did seem like "lead bass" at times.

the second album is Naked Baby Photos right?

And how do you know all that stuff about Ben Folds Five?

• Members

On the "Sessions at West 54th (or something like that" DVD, I think he had a 70's SVT head, an Orange head (no idea what model), a Marshall cab, and an Orange cab (both cabs were 4x12, I believe). He was using the Les Paul bass with a Big Muff for distortion.

On the "bonus features" of the DVD, they have some live footage of BFF playing in Europe...at most of those shows Robert was using Ampeg Classic cabs (4x10s) and either a SVT Classic head or a SVT2-Pro head. It was probably all rented stuff for the European tour.

On a side note, the "Sessions @ West 54th" DVD is freaking awesome! Great sound, the band was really on, and cool tunes. Check it out if you get a chance.

Archived