Albums You Gotta' Get

Hotblack

• Members

Originally posted by fureybass

I've been jonesin' hard for the new My Morning Jacket "Z". There's something about a band naming a song "wordless chorus" and backing it up.

I've been really bad about buying stuff recently as well.

Great album! Not their best, but I like the direction in which they're moving. Can't keep remaking Tennessee Fire or At Dawn forever. Have you seen them live? I saw MMJ in Madison just before Halloween and they were amazing.

I need to complete my Replacements collection, and pick up a couple of My Bloody Valentine EPs I don't have. I haven't really been wanting for much else lately, it's weird, 'cause usually I have a long list for when I head to a record store...

• Members

Originally posted by s4001

In Absentia

As in, Porcupine Tree "In Absetia"?

Get it. Now. Don't doubt me. I got that about a week ago and it's quickly turned into one of my favorite albums. Ever.

Anyways...

Albums I need.

Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer

Pig Destroyer - Painter Of Dead Girls

Lamb Of God - New American Gospel

The Rippingtons - Weekend In Monaco

Taake - Hordaland Doedskvad

• Members

Mars Volta - DeLoused in the Comatorium

This was my first impulse buy at a music store in at least 25 years. They were playing it and I had no idea what or who or what decade it was. Good stuff.

And I'm ashamed to admit that I've never owned Dark Side Of The Moon in any format. Album, tape, CD, mp3, nuthin'.

That or some Bela Fleck and the Flecktones is what I need to buy.

• Members

Originally posted by fureybass

I've been jonesin' hard for the new My Morning Jacket "Z". There's something about a band naming a song "wordless chorus" and backing it up.

I've been really bad about buying stuff recently as well.

That album is the {censored}. Got it the day it came out.

I want to buy some Shannon Wright albums.

Finally got the Scissor Sisters last night, been planning on getting that one for a while.

Archived