Band Bios

Thunderbroom

• Members

I've read lots o' bios for bands (meaning the individual members).

Can anyone recommend a nice, compact, professional format to include with our CD promo packs? There are seven of us, and we want some sort of consistency amongst the bios (meaning common threads).

My brain is hurting from work. Please help.

• Members

Don't write too much about individual members. Tell who formed the band under what circustances (circumstances covered with 1 sentence), what goals did the founders have. Line-up changes and additions should be mentioned in more detail only if new members came from known bands, or from interesting backgrounds. If group dynamics have changed over the time, it can be mentioned (for example, the band leader John Doe took Whatshisname into composition process after noticing the kid's creative energy, while Jane Doe became comfortable with writing her own lyrics). If there have been changes in labels / other collaborators, it can be mentioned too.

Then finish off by telling what goals does the band have now.

It should be very short, and without unnecessary trivia (I mean, no need to mention every rehearsal/demo recording if they are numerous, just the cornerstone recordings / releases).

Just basically quick, to-the-point, and not boring read.

• Members

The only bio in our promo pack will be a short band bio which mostly states what we play and some venues where we've played.

We have individual bios on our website, and we answered the following questions:

1. Who are your influences?

2. In what other bands have you been a part?

3. What instruments do you use?

• Members

I got so sick of reading and writing band bios over the years that I finally gave up and wrote this for my latest band's website:

--------------

Years ago a bunch of knuckleheads got together and formed a band. They had all sorts of different musical influences, etc., and they all wanted world domination, just like every other band. They played for a while, recorded some stuff, opened for some touring bands and had some good local shows, then split up and got in other bands. Stuff happened, like people getting married, having kids, starting new jobs, etc. Then, in 2005, they got back together and started playing again because, after all those years, the songs were still relevant and they could still kick an audience in the nuts.

But does any of that really matter? Like us or hate us because of the music, not because of our history.

Force Fed Bio

--------------

-Yools

• Members

Originally posted by chunkathalon

All I can think is "What cables does this guy use?"

:)

Several materials were tested, but most of them couldn't handle the frequencies that were being generated via my "Magic Fingers".

It wasn't until Lockheed martin was contracted to develop a cable for me was the answer found. A super Synthetic material (still classified) originally developed for the new space plane was found to not only tolerate high rates of temperature but could also act as a perfect frequency transmitter.

Oh and don't bother looking in your local GC for just such a cord.

Archived